PDA

View Full Version : Other X models coming up?

Bobak
06-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi,

I've read many rumors about a possibility of an upcoming X1, X6, and X7, as well as a redesigned X5, which I believe, too, that we should expect by the next two years. Anyone have any info. about the expansion of X-series? Any pics?

adc
06-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi,

I've read many rumors about a possibility of an upcoming X1, X6, and X7, as well as a redesigned X5, which I believe, too, that we should expect by the next two years. Anyone have any info. about the expansion of X-series? Any pics?

Try reading the latest copy of CAR magazine (Barnes&Nobles stocks it). As far as magazine guesses go, this seems to be a pretty well informed one. :)

I think the only confirmed X models were the X6 (super-sporty coupe crossover built on the new X5 platform) and the new X5 (bigger, 3 seat rows). I cannot recall what they said about the X7...

adc
03 330 ZHP
X3 ED in June

BigO1120
06-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Check out the X1, X6, and X7!

Bobak
06-02-2005, 03:11 PM
I've seen the pics that you posted for the X1, X6, and X7, however, the X7 doesn't look real. It looks more like a wagon (touring). Very similar to 5 Series Touring. Pay attention to the headlights, they are 5-series style. I think if we should be expecting an X7 soon, it'll be more like this:

BigO1120
06-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Bobak...you are right! I attached the wrong picture!

Bobak
06-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Alright. Just to tell you know that these images from Google may be builds that people made up. I think the real one may be different. Any idea when we may see the new and/or expansion of the X-series?

Dnz
06-02-2005, 06:55 PM
There is no rationale for bringing other X models to the market.

X5 is big SUV
X3 is small SUV

There is no point for another - they'd just be cannibalising their own sales.

I think its unlikely from a marketing standpoint that they'd want to diversify the X;s into anything else.. theyve got all the bases covered..

JG
06-02-2005, 09:10 PM

X5 is big SUV
X3 is small SUV

I think its unlikely from a marketing standpoint that they'd want to diversify the X;s into anything else.. theyve got all the bases covered..

I'm with Dnz - except I think they might produce a mini-van X-type vehicle to cover all the bases.............the X3 and X5 sales are actually a good volume of the overall BMW sales now; and have been increasing the bottom line for the last few years.

Bobak
06-03-2005, 03:39 PM
I think rather than a mini-van, they'll probably make something that would compete with the Mercedes-Benz R-Class. I'm guessing that would be something like the X6, as I have read in a few places: they say (if it's real) that it will be longer than other SUVs.... so I guess very similar to the R-Class. Also, it's true about the fact that the X3 and X5 are good enough...I completely agree with that. But BMW doesn't have anything the size of the Lincoln Navigator...does it? I understand BMW won't be trying to compete against american cars...at least none except may be Cadilac, but still, it'd be probably nice to have an extra large SUV...That's only my opinion..

ChiefCrazyTalk
06-30-2005, 09:04 AM

X5 is big SUV
X3 is small SUV

SUVs have been declining in popularity in the US over the past couple of years, but there still could be more room in the lineup - look at Fords SUV selection; Escape, Explorer, Expedition, Excursion. Not to mention Toyota - what do they have, like 6 or 7 different sizes of SUVs?

saloveku
06-30-2005, 09:23 AM
The market will change again. With the introduction of diesels in North America, the SUV decline will reverse itself. So forward planning on SUV platforms will continue.