PDA

View Full Version : E61 Accessories (iPod, wood knob)

bouteill
06-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Hi! I'm thinking about what accessories to get for my 530xiT on ED order and was wondering about a couple of things:

(1) iPod Connector Kit
Is this available on the 2006 5-series? :confused: My dealer doesn't seem to be able to find out this info. There is literature out there on its availablity on the 3-series, but I have a hard time understanding why we couldn't get it on the e60. :mad:

(2) Leather/ Wood Gear Shift Knob
This looks nice on the small pictures but it's hard to get an idea of how well it fits in the overall interior. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm planning to get a Black leather with Poplar wood trim.
Also, BMW qualifies it as "sporty", does it feel any different from the regular knob?

Thanks!

kd2789mo
06-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Hi! I'm thinking about what accessories to get for my 530xiT on ED order and was wondering about a couple of things:

(1) iPod Connector Kit
Is this available on the 2006 5-series? :confused: My dealer doesn't seem to be able to find out this info. There is literature out there on its availablity on the 3-series, but I have a hard time understanding why we couldn't get it on the e60. :mad:

(2) Leather/ Wood Gear Shift Knob
This looks nice on the small pictures but it's hard to get an idea of how well it fits in the overall interior. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm planning to get a Black leather with Poplar wood trim.
Also, BMW qualifies it as "sporty", does it feel any different from the regular knob?

Thanks!
I don't believe ipod is available on the 5 yet.
http://www.bmwusa.com/ipod/
I have the leather/wood shift knob, I like it...personal preference :dunno:

ademitt
06-02-2005, 07:27 AM
(1) iPod Connector Kit

Thanks!

There is no actual ipod/idrive interface as yet although rumors are that it is in development by BMW/Apple and Dension. I have chosen to go with the AUX In and it works perfectly with my ipod although there is no control of the ipod off of the steering wheel other than volume. This AUX in kit is availalbe in NA and costs about $100 plus installation.

bouteill
06-02-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't believe ipod is available on the 5 yet.
http://www.bmwusa.com/ipod/
I have the leather/wood shift knob, I like it...personal preference :dunno:

BMW mentions a "sporty" leather grip in their doc. Does the wood shift feel any different from the regular one to drive? Or is it pure cosmetics?

bouteill
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
There is no actual ipod/idrive interface as yet although rumors are that it is in development by BMW/Apple and Dension. I have chosen to go with the AUX In and it works perfectly with my ipod although there is no control of the ipod off of the steering wheel other than volume. This AUX in kit is availalbe in NA and costs about $100 plus installation.

Do you believe this factory AUX IN option to be an overall better solution than the aftermarket kits sold for BMWs?

wagonman
06-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Do you believe this factory AUX IN option to be an overall better solution than the aftermarket kits sold for BMWs?
to pick up my 530 xit!