Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > dalekressin

Conversation Between dalekressin and voltigeur
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. voltigeur
    10-03-2009 02:03 PM
    voltigeur
    You said: "I would inadvertantly red line when over involved in moving forward." Yes, have had that issue, to my chagrin
  2. dalekressin
    10-03-2009 01:37 PM
    dalekressin
    Voltiguer,
    I love the 6MT. I would inadvertantly red line when over involved in moving forward.
    My wife choose the color combo so I was ok. I choose everything else.
  3. voltigeur
    10-03-2009 01:27 PM
    voltigeur
    I like the spec: all you need and an elegant colour combo. I was borderline on M-DCT vs 6MT. I'm glad I got MT but there's days - like when I was so busy accelerating in overtaking that I was in the 'red' in 2nd for too long (2nd time that's happened) - that I miss the fire-n-forget option one has w/ M-DCT; jist focus on the road and cars around rather than the tach. But when I get series of quick changes just right, well, that makes me beam.
  4. dalekressin
    10-03-2009 12:39 PM
    dalekressin
    I ordered 2010 M3 Sedan (I regularly drive 3 adults 70-80 miles) Alpine white, Extended Beige Novillo, Sycamore wood trim, Cold weather, Premium and Technology pkgs, 19" Wheel upgrade, DCT (This was a difficult decieion because I like 6MT a lot) Moonroof, Ipod/USB & Smartphone, Park distance control, Auto High Beam options. Welt PU Nov 25th AM. Hope I don't get Extensive audit. I thought hard about 335D but had to buy the M3. I can afford the gas expense.
  5. voltigeur
    10-03-2009 08:33 AM
    voltigeur
    What's the update re your ///M. And let me know your spec
  6. voltigeur
    07-22-2009 08:56 PM
    voltigeur
    Hey dalekressin, appreciate the support over my customs hassle. Hey, I too have owned a 2001 530i Sport - mine was Sapphire black w/ Dakota beige leather. Great car!