Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > 98bimmer318

Conversation Between 98bimmer318 and the_brouhaha
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. the_brouhaha
    09-23-2009 12:17 AM
    the_brouhaha
    Haha good to hear it wasn't thhatt bad. But at least its fixed now!
  2. 98bimmer318
    09-22-2009 05:03 PM
    98bimmer318
    okay so get this, it was a fuse. right headlight low beam fuse was blow to ****s...**** me right? anyway, easy fix, all is well.
  3. the_brouhaha
    09-18-2009 11:41 AM
    the_brouhaha
    Yeah I'm curious to what happened, let me know when you find out.

If you still have the instructions and diagrams of the circuit boards from the ballasts, the paper that came with the lights. You could probably use that to narrow down the problem.
  4. 98bimmer318
    09-17-2009 02:13 PM
    98bimmer318
    yeah i looked into that piece, ill prolly get it. im just trying to figure out what it is, ill be yanking them out of there and checking the bulb tonight. cause my ballasts are in an exposed area kinda. thanks for the help brotha, good luck with yours
  5. the_brouhaha
    09-16-2009 07:09 PM
    the_brouhaha
    I'm not one who knows everything about headlights, I just installed them. They work, so no questions for me. haha.

But my guess would be that they can't. But the ballasts came in a pretty thick case, I'm sure they could get a little bit of water in them. Are yours located under the lights or something? I have the JTD underpanel, so nothing really gets wet or hit in my engine. Probably the best investment I ever made.
  6. 98bimmer318
    09-16-2009 05:04 PM
    98bimmer318
    haha thanks man. im gonna try, that is, if ddm would reply via email sometime THIS YEAR! so the ballasts cant get wet, period? like not at all or theyll fry?
  7. the_brouhaha
    09-15-2009 09:41 PM
    the_brouhaha
    Hmm, I have no idea. Mine are perfect, check all the clips, and check to see if there are any cracks in the class. That's usually why the headlights get foggy or wet inside. Pretty easy to clean, undo the clips and you can get to the glass.

As for the ballasts, check your wiring, or if it's been raining, there is a possibility it could have gotten wet. Try and return them see if you can get a new one. Smooth talk your way for some free sh!t. haha But good luck!
  8. the_brouhaha
    09-15-2009 09:37 PM
    the_brouhaha
    Hmm, I have no idea. Mine are perfect, check all the clips, and check to see if there are any cracks in the class. That's usually why the headlights get foggy or wet inside. Pretty easy to clean, undo the clips and you can get to the glass.

As for the ballasts, check your wiring, or if it's been raining, there is a possibility it could have gotten wet. Try and return them see if you can get a new one. Smooth talk your way for some free sh!t. haha But good luck!
  9. 98bimmer318
    09-15-2009 07:05 PM
    98bimmer318
    hey man, we have the same headlight/ae/hid setup. do you have condensation issues? or when you first got them did you? im hoping mine go away...also i already have an hid out. ya think the ballast got wet or what man?