Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > 98bimmer318

Conversation Between 98bimmer318 and HyphE36
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 17
  1. 98bimmer318
    10-01-2009 08:31 AM
    98bimmer318
    . thanks again for pointing me in the right direction
  2. HyphE36
    09-30-2009 09:10 AM
    HyphE36
    sweet pics!

lol I was so inebriated when I did it, i totally forget how I actually did it, just dully remember fussing around out there for about 30 minutes. haha. I probably did what you did
  3. 98bimmer318
    09-30-2009 08:49 AM
    98bimmer318
    ive got it all figured out, i just put the tape on the bottom of one of the contacts of the actual bulb! works perfect and looks sick. thanks man
  4. HyphE36
    09-28-2009 08:19 PM
    HyphE36
    Once again, my poor memory will probably fail us... :lol: but I think that this bulb is a little different, the socket it sits in has a couple of metal contact plates and the metal casing at the bottom of the bulb has guides that slide onto the contact plates (made that sound REAAAALLLY confusing... haha, it isn't though), once you get down there and take the bulb out and unclip the wire harness you should be able to see what i'm talking about, i'm fairly confident there are three wires that lead to three contact plates, a ground, a constant, and a signal, and I'm not as confident but still think the constant signal is from the purple wire... (don't know why but purple wire just screams inside my head when I think about this, lol)
  5. 98bimmer318
    09-28-2009 08:14 PM
    98bimmer318
    haha thanks for the quick response bro, but i thoguht there was only two contacts on the bottom of the bulb? im prolly wrong...
  6. HyphE36
    09-28-2009 08:09 PM
    HyphE36
    for sure man

If I can remember correctly (I basically just spent like 20-30 minutes fussing around with electrical tape and the contacts, lol) there are three contacts, a ground, a continuous, and a flash. Obviously you are looking for the continuous signal to black out. I "THINK" it is the contact that the purple wire leads to, but you can quickly find out by trial and error, there are only three options. Also, I remember trying to put the electrical tape over the contact and then pushing the light in, or vice versa, and it did not work (i kept trying for a few minutes... ) but when i switched the method it went is much smoother and it was done, once again, going to be a trial and error sort of gig.

That is just the way I did it, BUT (actually now to think of it I may have gone this route... I'm pretty sure I was DIY'ing while under the influence ) you can also tackle it from other places if I remember correctly... like at the wires or where, WAIT, I think I did this... where the harness plugs into the socket... god I'm so confused on what I actually did now... just go with what is on top. haha
  7. 98bimmer318
    09-28-2009 07:41 PM
    98bimmer318
    hey man, can you tell me exactly what im supposed to do for this parking light/ turn signal mod. you got yours to work, and i know i need electrical tape. can you just explain it again?
  8. HyphE36
    08-02-2009 10:07 PM
    HyphE36
    Hey,

I don't know why it is the way it is, I didn't do anything with photobucket.

When I took the picture I took it in the panaramic view, and then i just scaled it down with paint to like 80% of its original size so it wasn't a large file....

Luck of the draw I guess... haha
  9. 98bimmer318
    08-02-2009 08:43 PM
    98bimmer318
    hey bro, i was wondering how to get my sig pic to be like your size...i cant get it to be medium its eeither to big or to small. do you take yours thru photobucket?
  10. 98bimmer318
    07-28-2009 11:25 AM
    98bimmer318
    thanks man. i appreciate it