Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > DasAuto325is

Conversation Between DasAuto325is and bimmerbarbie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. bimmerbarbie
    11-23-2009 11:28 AM
    bimmerbarbie
    I like black with beige, think it looks classy and sporty at the same time actually. Plus, most exterior trim is black too, so you can have a theme going on with it lol. If you've done the color matching test, send me the pics and I'll give ya my opinion on it. Yeah, a friend and I did the red, but I'm going to get it professionally redone very soon. It just isn't quite perfect enough for my tastes, but sticking with the same color scheme.
  2. DasAuto325is
    11-21-2009 04:21 PM
    DasAuto325is
    I was acutallly going to ask what you thought since you know what you're doing with color schemes/design in general. I'll mock it up with some double sided tape or something first and see. Did you do the red yourself?
  3. bimmerbarbie
    11-21-2009 01:07 PM
    bimmerbarbie
    No prob, let me know how it turns out! The black would probably look good on the beige too, imo.
  4. DasAuto325is
    11-21-2009 10:01 AM
    DasAuto325is
    Awesome! Ya PITA to say the least. I'm gonna count the number of screws in your picture and go from there I suppose. I really like the look of it especially with the black/red, unfortunately I'm rocking the beige on beige so I'll probably go with beige screw covers. Thanks again
  5. bimmerbarbie
    11-19-2009 10:14 AM
    bimmerbarbie
    Glue doesn't really work at keeping the panels on. Big time PITA trying to do that . I just took the entire door panel off, marked off even spacing around the insert, and drilled through both the insert and door panel. Then put screws with a cover through, and secured it with a nut on the other side. Really simple and effective, and looks pretty sporty and clean from the inside. I got the cover thingies at home depot, just search around till you find something you like. If you have any other questions, shoot me a PM and I'll write up more in detail for you. Hope it helps!
  6. DasAuto325is
    11-17-2009 10:08 PM
    DasAuto325is
    omg I had no idea you responded hah I thought it would notify me with an email. I'm just trying to make sure it doesn't come off. Of course I tried to glue to no avail but it basically is falling apart and I absolutely LOVE what you did with yours. Any details would be smashing.
  7. bimmerbarbie
    10-10-2009 09:42 AM
    bimmerbarbie
    Are you recovering the doors, or just using the screws to keep the insert panel from flopping off?