Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > SailinSand

Conversation Between SailinSand and fl_cyclist
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
  1. fl_cyclist
    09-08-2009 07:09 AM
    fl_cyclist
    Hi Sandy how are things going, been pretty busy this summer and it has kept me off the bike too much. Aug was the first month in a long time that I got over 400mi in. It has been hot/humid but I am riding at 7:00a so it is just the humidity, I lose about 2-3lbs a ride in water. LOL. How is roadster, get to have the top down much? I had a 350zr loved it but it is so hot in the summer really did not get to enjoy it much until winter. Hope things are going well, I never seem to see the message notifications so that is why it take forever to get a reply.

Ray
  2. SailinSand
    06-25-2009 05:55 AM
    SailinSand
    Hows your cycling going? It's been soooo hott humid around here these days... ughhh. If I don't run by 6-7am I don't even bother running outside. ...it's not as bad riding in it at least, but I could deal with a little less humidity!
  3. SailinSand
    01-08-2009 01:40 PM
    SailinSand
    Hubby's in your neck of the woods today at the Gator game
  4. SailinSand
    09-28-2008 06:04 AM
    SailinSand
    Been on the bike much these days? I've been slacking a bit...but have to start doing some training now. I was playing tennis with a neighbor friend, and he totally annihilated me, so I challenged him to a sprint triathlon! I have two weeks to get back on my A-Game.

Enjoying the weather? It's been absolutely beautiful the last few days!
  5. fl_cyclist
    09-02-2008 10:08 AM
    fl_cyclist
    I thought I posted a reply but I don't see it so I will try again. Loved sailing in Chicago the lake was big and beautiful and fresh water is so much easier. less expense and cleanup. Moved to San Fransisco and my boss had a 40' Pearson, a gorgeous yacht with tons of teak but you really need four hands to manage the sails and steer. Lot's of fun and I didn't have the expense. I have not been sailing once since I got down here to Fl four years ago, I miss it a lot.

My kids are not athletic, their smart but they must take after my ex who's main athletic pursuit was shopping. I don't even want to think about my daughter driving but it is coming on fast.
  6. SailinSand
    09-01-2008 06:38 PM
    SailinSand
    Really? That's awesome! I grew up sailing in Sarasota and Venice. Started in Optis, then moved up to Laser- I love that boat. I sailed for USF too. I was never much of a fan of double handed sailing, the laser seemed like the best fit for me. I miss it a lot, and haven't been back in the boat in several years.

EEK! A 15 y/o...just wait until she starts driving that precious 335 of yours!!!! Does she ride too? I wish I had started earlier in life!!!
  7. SailinSand
    08-26-2008 07:50 PM
    SailinSand
    I recently put a Saris hitch rack on... I always had Thule racks before this... I really like it... http://www.saris.com/p-298-thelma-2-bike.aspx Obviously you're not going to hitch your car, but I've been impressed by Saris, in general, so far!

Um... 50 is nothing! I'm been really surprised by the more aged individuals kicking some serious ass on the bike rides!!!

You'll have to let me if you ever end up in the Tampa Bay area...I'll give you the skinny on the St. Pete Bike Club rides! Great group rides!
  8. SailinSand
    08-22-2008 11:59 AM
    SailinSand
    EEK! 28mph, I usually ride with the 24mph group (basically riding anywhere between 22-28mph)! You're hardcore! I'm in the Tampa Bay area- St. Pete. Do you do triathlons too, or just ride? I tried to import a pretty picture of my bike, but it doesn't seem to go through on this all thing.

How do you put your bike on that beautiful car of yours? ....or do you have another vehicle for the bike? I had a 335cic for a little while, ended up having to get rid of it (lemon) now I drive an x5. I was crazy for originally thinking I could transport the bike in that vehicle! ...the biggest upside to having an SUV!
  9. fl_cyclist
    08-22-2008 06:57 AM
    fl_cyclist
    Nice bike, I'm sure the pink stands out. I live in Weston and we have great bike lanes around all of the roads and most of the big groups in Broward ride through town on Sat/Sun. So on Sunday I either go meet a group at the start or just drop in as they come through town. We have a big (40+) Columbian group I drop in with and they are blast +28mph no discipline people moving up and falling back on both side. I love it. Cycling has allowed me to loose about 40lbs and at 50yo it allows me to date younger women

Where are you located at?

Ray
  10. SailinSand
    08-21-2008 02:16 PM
    SailinSand
    LOOK 555 w/ Mavic Ksyrium ES. It's the only pink LOOK I've seen around here, I really love the bike...so smooth. I didn't realize how much nicer an all carbon ride was until I got one!

Lately I've been lucky to get 80 a week. I'm not training for anything at the moment I'm just keeping a minimal base level up. We have a pretty active bike club around here, so I catch at least one ride a week with them!