Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > WillInDenver

Conversation Between WillInDenver and Beknchris
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. WillInDenver
    11-10-2009 11:30 AM
    WillInDenver
    Hey, Bek.

I've had my 545 for two years with very few service issues. The most significant was a prematurely worn wheel bearing that created a ton of noise. My doors were also a bit creaky, but we found a TSB on that and once fixed, has never reoccurred. On the whole, it's been great so far. Sorry to hear that yours has not.

-Will
  2. Beknchris
    11-02-2009 08:39 PM
    Beknchris
    Hi WJ,

I also own a 2005 545i. I love my car, but have had several problems with it lately. I don't see a lot of other '05 545i owners having repair problems, so I was wondering if you have experienced many repairs on your car.

I've had a coolant leak which I traced the source to a cracked expansion tank and replaced myself. It was a piece of cake to replace. Unfortunately, I keep having the same SES light come on. This is the 3rd time I've had the SESlight on with the control message "increased emissions" in the past 11 months. The first time they just updated my software. The second time they replace my DMTL pump. I'm taking the car in tomorrow for the 3rd time.

Have you had any of these issues with your '05?

Just curious because I am not seeing a lot of '05 repair posts.

-Bek