BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Pandora Question

4K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  virtguy 
#1 ·
Pandora works great over bluetooth, but once I plug it in with a cable it will only play music loaded on my iPhone.

I can go into the iPhone Pandora app and try to start it, but after 3 - 5 seconds my stored music takes back over.

If I unhook the cable and then start Pandora it seems to work just fine... What am I missing here?

Iphone 5s
IOS7
428i w/Nav but Not tech package

Thanks!

#5 ·
Correct... By adding just NAV it adds.

Instrument cluster with extended contents$0
Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration$0
BMW Apps - iOS and Android$0
Remote Services$0
Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information$0
BMW Online

So, with that being said how do I over come my issue? I want to have my iPhone plugged in via cable for charging and still be able to stream Pandora.

Thanks!

#11 ·
My F10 does the same thing, although I've mostly tried streaming Spotify. This isn't a Pandora issue or an F30 issue; it has something to do with the handshake the iPhone makes with the BMW computer. It's highly annoying, too.

#18 ·
^ download all 3000 of them. The point he was making is that the cloud match doesn't keep you from having your songs locally stored. You just have to tell the phone you want that.

It's actually convenient at the point where you have more music than will fit on your phone. You can move music on and off as it suits you.

#19 ·
^ download all 3000 of them. The point he was making is that the cloud match doesn't keep you from having your songs locally stored. You just have to tell the phone you want that.

It's actually convenient at the point where you have more music than will fit on your phone. You can move music on and off as it suits you.
That is not correct. If you turn Match on, it deletes the native files on the iPhone except for the ones that it cannot match (in my case about 100 of 3,000 songs). The only way to have all 3,000 installed natively is to either a) tap the cloud icon 3,000 times or b) turn off iTunes Match and re-sync with your iTunes library.

BJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.