BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMWs in film/TV

16K views 85 replies 51 participants last post by  SERIOUS 5! 
#1 ·
(Not sure if this belongs in off-topic...)

Name some films or shows and what kind of car(s) featured. BMW Films and background vehicles don't count. :)

The Italian Job - 850?
Bourne Identity - E46 3 sedan (chrome vertical slats?)
Snatch - E28 5er (Sol and Vincent's car late in the movie)
The World Is Not Enough - Z8
Ronin - E34 M5
The Peacemaker - E28 5er
Tomorrow Never Dies - 750iL, some BMW motorcycle :p
Golden Eye - Z3

The O.C. - the Cohens' 7er, Summer's E46 vert

#52 ·
BMW4phillygirl said:
I KNOW none of youz have seen this movie.... but my husband and I watched "The Prince & Me" on DVD last night. The first 10 minutes of the movie include a rather uninspiring race between a lime greenish yellow M3 and a new 7 series in what is supposed to be Cophenhagen, Denmark.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56968 :eeps:

#53 ·
BMW4phillygirl said:
I KNOW none of youz have seen this movie.... but my husband and I watched "The Prince & Me" on DVD last night. The first 10 minutes of the movie include a rather uninspiring race between a lime greenish yellow M3 and a new 7 series in what is supposed to be Cophenhagen, Denmark.

It's a romantic, teeny-bopper, every girl's dream fantasy chick flick. It stars Julia Stiles.

Cute movie... and of course, always a happy ending.

I give it 7 out of 10 stars.
you said "youz".

yep...you're definitley from Philly!

#55 ·
former230 said:
There is a blue M Roadster in that movie with Paul Walker called Joy Ride I believe...good movie too!

:thumbup:
Yeah, I think that's a great movie. And yep, its a blue M Roadster.

#56 ·
There's a dark colored (Black, I think.. you only see it at night) E36 328i in I Know What You Did Last Summer... It's a good movie. There's a similar car (you only see it from a distance) in I Still know What You Did Last Summer.

#62 ·
#63 ·
In I Spy, during the getaway sequence in the streets of Budapest, several E36 sedans and convertibles have a less-than-stellar day. :(

Also, Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson are sitting in an E36 'vert, but the interior shot looks like an E46. :dunno:

The movie itself was mediocre. If you have some kind of unlimited rental service, it wouldn't be a complete waste of your time... (How's that for a review?)

#65 ·
2 FAST 2 FURIOUS: AVUS BLUE M ROADSTER WITH LOTS OF MODS AND NEONS (beginning of movie). BLACK E36 GTR WIDE BODY WITH MK MOTORSPORT RIMS AND A HAMANN STW WING: TOTALED ON A FLORIDA FREEWAY EXIT RAMP (second racing scene) . VERY SAD CONSIDERING THAT THATS A $2,200 BODY KIT. :cry:

BACK TO THE FUTURE: SILVER E28 535i: FATHER'S CAR AT THE END.

BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II: FLAT BLACK 635CSI "chop top": BREAKS TAILIGHT WITH BASEBALL BAT.

SPEED ZONE: GUNMETAL SILVER 750IL: JOHN CANDY USES TO RACE. GO AIRBOURNE OVER INTERSECTION IN NEW YORK, FLOORS IT IN REVERSE, GETS REAR-ENDED SEVERAL TIMES BY BIG RIG, ETC. POOR CAR. :cry:

SWORDFISH: SILVER E39 5 SERIES: EX-WIFES :dunno: IN DRIVEWAY.

ENEMY OF THE STATE: BLACK 750IL: WILL SMITH'S CAR AROUND TOWN.

A NIGHT AT THE ROXBURY: BLACK E36 325i FOUR DOOR: DOUG AND STEVE'S CAR

#66 ·
BARRY E36 M-325 said:
SWORDFISH: SILVER E39 5 SERIES: EX-WIFES :dunno: IN DRIVEWAY.
Dude! How did I miss that? Swordfish is like in my top 10 movies of all time and my ex and I would watch that movie over and over on DVD... we've seen it at least 20 times. LOL. We know all the scenes and lines, for the most part.

Anyway, I just saw an old episode of Sex and the City - Season 3, episode 1 or 2, when Carrie is being pursued by a really cute, older man with gray hair... Carrie has just missed the last Staten Island ferry and he pulls up and says, "Need a ride?" :bigpimp: (made me go weak in the knees!) Anyway, he pulls up in a black 7-series (you know the generation before this current one.) :thumbup:

#68 ·
The movie "Sideways". Pretty much every car in front of Thomas Hayden Church's fiance's place is a Bimmer. And at the wedding - every car in the lot is a BMW (except for the old beater Saab).

#70 ·
WileECoyote said:
According to TiVo, there will be a half hour history of the 3 series on Discovery Thursday morning at 4AM EST, and again on the morning of Thursday 5/26. It's a tie-in to the new 3 series just debuting.
What's the official title of the program? All I'm seeing is paid programming at that hour.

#71 ·
FenPhen said:
What's the official title of the program? All I'm seeing is paid programming at that hour.
I have Windows Media Center PC: it says "Evolution of an Icon" exploring the history of BMW 3 Series from the 1968 Model 2002 through the all-new 2006 BMW Series. Comes on 3:02 A.M. CST and runs 29 minutes (until 3:31 A.M.)

#72 ·
cwsqbm said:
I have Windows Media Center PC: it says "Evolution of an Icon" exploring the history of BMW 3 Series from the 1968 Model 2002 through the all-new 2006 BMW Series. Comes on 3:02 A.M. CST and runs 29 minutes (until 3:31 A.M.)
Weird. When I do a search in the Yahoo TV listings, it comes up, but when I just look at the grid for 4am Thursday, it says "Bosley...Hair Loss Answers." :confused: :)

#74 ·
cwsqbm said:
Ok, I hate computers. My computer decided to do an automatic update and obviously rebooted during the show because I only recorded 4 minutes of the show. Either that, or TiVo did something to mess with everyone using competing services. I say that because of the message I saw right before it started (see attachment). Well, I've done a few things to make sure I see it next time.

Attachments

#75 ·
Z4phillygirl said:
Um.. if you're in CA, you would be on PST, which is 2 hours behind CST. So, if the show is slated for 3am CST, it would be on at 1am PST in California... not 4am. :dunno:
Nope. Discovery (and most network) air-times are ET/PT, and CT is 1 hour behind. That's why they say times like "8/7-Central." In the Yahoo TV listings for my provider, it has a 4:00am broadcast time for Evolution of an Icon.

However, it did not occur to me that last night was really Thursday, 4am. :tsk:

Next airing is May 26 at 4am (Thursday morning / Wednesday night).

#76 ·
Just saw "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" tonight.... three-quarters of the way through the movie there's a chase scene and the bad guys are driving 3 identical cars: 5-series, black with white racing strips down the middle... :rofl: They get pounded with bullets and turned over, of course, during the chase. LOL. All while the good guys are driving a Dodge Caravan minivan. :D Dontcha just love the movies?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.