BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Poor pick up

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  parultaluja 
#1 ·
Hi everybody - great to be posting on this forum - i remember getting some very vauable tips on my BMW 320D earlier...

After keeping a BMW 320D for a year i was very excited with the diff look of the X1 that i instantly decided to buy it. Unfortunately there was a big cost difference between the petrol n diesel model here so i opted for the petrol one (even though i knew the diff in the torque of the two motors - was a little tired of the noisy diesel n felt that 150bhp of the petrol would be enough for our busy New Delhi roads).

I had bought the X1 (petrol) about eleven months ago and have been happy with its overall ownership experience. However am rather disappointed with the pick up of the car. It feels very smooth n decent when driving around softly but the minute I decide to drive it hard it feels very strained (with no midrange power at all) and the gear shifts become jerky. I definitely miss the performance of the diesel motor of my earlier 320D !

My X1 has done about 9200kms so far and is due for its first service at 10000kms - can anybody tell me if the pick up would get better after the service esp after the oil change n air filter cleaning etc. ? Or is there something wrong with my car ? Can the BMW service people check for any specific fault in my car ?

Is anybody else facing a similar problem in the petrol X1 ? Any advice would be much appreciated...

Parul.

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks for your response - spoke with the head mechanic at BMW Delhi & he assures me that once i send the car for its first service at 10000kms the pick up will increase - also said that the air filter needs to be cleaned...
I've used the X1 very less in the recent 1-2 weeks - but whenever i have i have been using the manual trip tronic which makes the drive more enthusiastic n fun... Dont know if i wanna keep this car now...
Will send it for a service in the next few days and see how it drives thereafter...

Regards,
Parul.

#5 ·
Hi - thanks for your post - i agree there's a huge difference between a NA (naturally aspirated) & a turbo charged engine - in fact my last 3-4 cars were all turbo charged including the petrol C200 (kompressor) so the initial disappointment with the X1 petrol was huge. Gotten around it now - manage the meagre torque output to get the best of this rather average engine. Honestly have decided to sell it and replace it with a diesel engined X1/C220cdi or 320D (highline) where at least i can enjoy the engine alongwith the car !
In case i do not sell then will surely try the air filter replacement etc...

Regards,
Parul.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.