BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X5 35D used as a workhorse

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  NoI4plz 
#1 · (Edited)
The other day I stacked up some hardwood firewood for the winter and I used the X5 for the 20 miles transportation. With the back seats down, I was able to fit just little over a quarter cord. It was pretty heavy load. By my calculations the weight was right around the payload limit of 1290lb. The rear suspension went down with about 3 inches and it definitely felt the heavy load. Can't say the same for the engine. The diesel was pulling normally like there was no load at all. I love it!

Photobucket

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
It was actually all heavy duty cardboard boxes below and on side of the firewood. Once I unloaded and removed the protection there was very little to none for cleanup

#7 ·
That's what is built for, not just picking up kids from a soccer game :)

#8 ·
I think we need to see it pull a gigantic machine behind it to gain reputation as a
An awesome truck. Although we know, but BMW
Could invest in pulling a
Space shuttle or a 747 or a380 lol

#9 ·
The point is not to show the X5 as a truck but to show that a luxury German SUV can also do a job different than grocery shopping

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.