BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Love my X3

6K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  cfos 
#1 · (Edited)
Just some random statements from me...

I work for a BMW dealer and I got a great deal on mine, that being said, I have the 2013 X3, M Sport Package which I LOVE!!! Mine is white with black interior. I got the road hazard protection because the high profile tires and wheels aren't cheap to replace and worth the extra protection.

I have never heard a better a better audio system than the standard high def that's in mine. I use my ipod connected to the aux. and usb and it's the most incredible, sound with amazing clarity and so crisp in sound. I love it! No interference or cracklin at all between the cables and my ipod.. it sounds like i'm at a concert live.

I love love love the Sport mode. Amazing acceleration and get-up-and-go power.

One thing I wish I was getting more of, is gas mileage... I am only averaging 17.5 miles per gallon in my 2.8. I guess that's because I am city driving and a quick driver?

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts... couldn't be happier...

Kris

See less See more
#4 ·
I was also averaging 16 something mpg on my first couple tanks. Now I am averaging 24. Highway mpg is as advertised, but local you have to drive very carefully to achieve 21 mpg. Sport mode driving gives me 14 mpg, but man isn't it such a good feeling to see cars disappearing in the rear view mirror.

How good was your deal?

#5 · (Edited)
I am leasing mine for $485 a month, msrp was $45k with road hazard protection. I didn't get nav, or premium, but I got m sport, cold weather package, convenience pkg., moonroof, and I went with leatherette simply because it's cheaper and it's still a good material. I also avoided getting satellite radio and bmw assist. I wish I did add the sat. radio... I can always add that later though...

Mine is alpine white, black leatherette, with aluminum brush. Very sharp. I also am putting on "M" decals on the back next to X3 and also one on each side as well.

Kris

#6 ·
I am leasing mine for $485 a month, msrp was $45k with road hazard protection. I didn't get nav, or premium, but I got m sport, cold weather package, convenience pkg., moonroof, and I went with leatherette simply because it's cheaper and it's still a good material. I also avoided getting satellite radio and bmw assist. I wish I did add the sat. radio... I can always add that later though...

Mine is alpine white, black leatherette, with aluminum brush. Very sharp. I also am putting on "M" decals on the back next to X3 and also one on each side as well.

Kris
Don't put the M logo on the outside of the X3! Everyone that knows BMW knows it is fake and hate that! Why try to make your X3 something that it's not? Love it for what it is:thumbup:

#7 ·
Factory-added "M" badging is not considered "fake" but it's also not "real". I think that's tolerable, having owned several M cars in my day :).

#11 ·
Well I have the M steering wheel, the M foot rest, the M in the inside of the front door-side.... so what's wrong with me stamping an M on it? They have it in the inside and I am just adding it on the outside. :)
It's your vehicle and you can certainly do what you like,... but having been on several MB and BMW boards over the years, I can tell you that you will (at some point) be ridiculed either on-line, or in person (e.g. at a gas station, etc) by people who recognize your transgression ;).

#18 ·
We have had ours for a little over 2 weeks; it is my wife's but I have driven it quite a bit; took an ~ 250 mile trip up to Mohegan Sun in CT this past w/e and I was very impressed with the vehicle so much so that I drove it round trip wrestling it away from my wife and son !. No wind noise and very solid in what were moderate crosswinds. Getting used to the i Drive and the different ways of listening to the music on my iphone 4s; the lease on my Volvo will come due this year and I am thinking of coming over to the BMW side.

#20 ·
I got my first BMW 28i X3. I got premium,Technology and cold weather package. I have 1100 miles on it and enjoying the ride. I live in NH, so cold weather package and AWD is very helpful in addition to all the great driving experience it offers. I am not concerned about how much mileage i am getting. Over a period of time it is not huge difference. So no analysis paralysis.

#21 ·
Enjoy it!

#26 ·
The new C4S is gorgeous, although I think that's a conversation for a different forum. If I got a C4 at the time I got mine, I may not have an X3, and that makes me a little sad as I really like the X3 which is far more versatile as you state (especially with 2 kids). Of course, I really wanted the PDK (I have a launch 2009 997.2S) -- which doesn't permit me to play in the purist (manual) 997 reindeer games, but that's life. Unlike the OP of the thread, I'm actually thinking of giving the X3 a Brazilian. I took off my badge on the 911 and had ideas of matting it with a nice pic of it, although the BMW badge is much more subtle than Porsche and I'll likely leave it as is. To each their own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.