BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X3 alignment questions...

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Want the Thrill 
#1 ·
It may sound silly to some, but I may want to get a 4-wheel alignment done on my brand new X3. Why? Because BMW rarely aligns cars in the way a sporting driver would want. Most often there is no negative camber in front and too much in back. So, here are my first questions:
1) What is the F25's stock camber and toe?
2) Can the front camber be changed by removing the strut tower pins, loosening the strut nuts and kicking the strut over (like the Z4)?

#2 ·
This post was from the "other board" but was referring to alignment of the X3. May help you slightly:

Update: My rig now has 1300mi on it and the alignment drift has subsided. It's definately road crown, as the car drifts to the left in the left highway lane and drifts to the right on other roads. I suspect the tires are starting to get broken in, as well as, some additional sag with the suspension.

The alignement on this rig is interesting. If they need to adjust camber, a new steering knuckle needs to be ordered. There are two seperate knuckles for a + or - camber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.