BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New Detail Pictures of the F25 X3

Tags
f25 x3
6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  X3forlife 
#1 ·
BMW is so excited about the new F25 X3 they've released a bunch of new pictures of the X3 including some very detailed interior shots. Take a look, the fit and finish on the car looks top notch!

Follow our full F25 X3 coverage at http://www.bimmerfest.com/tag/F25

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks.

One thing they didn't think of with no key is signal blocks. I remember I was taking a trip to Africa and the embassy (Ghana) that I was visiting in DC for my visa was next to the Israeli embassy so they had some kind of force field that made it so you could not use your electronic unlock (true story). I guess they do this so people can't remote detonate bombs. Anyway, while I was in that area, I had to lock and unlock the door with a key. I don't know how they do it (block the signal) or what would happen now.

It's sort of stupid that they decided to make the trunk space bigger. Any extra space should have been used for the back seat...every single inch. The back space was perfect and if you needed more, you could fold the seats down. It's just stupidity. The only thing I can think of is I don't know if the rear wheels get in the way of them moving the seat back. One of the other brands has a rear seat that can be moved back so you can decide whether you want the extra 2 inches of stupid trunk space or whether you would rather have your rear passengers have 2 more inches for their legs. They had the nerve to make their newer rear seat entertainment extend the back of the front seats...decreasing leg room more...clueless.

Extending the trunk space...clueless...did anyone complain they wanted more?

#3 · (Edited)
A number of similar vehicles have a adjustable back seat (fore and aft) that makes it much nicer for the pax back there and for more cargo room you can just adjust it foreward. That, a power lift gate, back hatch with opening window, would make it just right IMHO. Of course I guess I could go buy one that already offers that and save about $5-10K but then I wouldn't have a BMW.:D

#6 ·
Yeah...they should have but regular real customers like us on the review committee. We could have told them that. I wonder if the designers even drive an X3 or whether they drive an X5 or 7 series. lol They have no clue. Talk to real people. The only thing I can think of is maybe a competitor increased their trunk space so they wanted to increase theirs too so they can say "best in class". Foolish...

#5 · (Edited)
Bummer

Unfortunately they are making these vehicles with the run flats without the option of regular performance tires.

Not sure if they realize that replacing these tires are a nightmare. Especially if it occurs on a weekend.

You end up having to wait until at least Tuesday to get them replaced (if they are in stock) and lose two working business days.

So not only are they are much harsher ride, they really aren't convenient in any sense.

#8 ·
Unfortunately they are making these vehicles with the run flats without the option of regular performance tires.

Not sure if they realize that replacing these tires are a nightmare. Especially if it occurs on a weekend.

You end up having to wait until at least Tuesday to get them replaced (if they are in stock) and lose two working business days.

So not only are they are much harsher ride, they really aren't convenient in any sense.
You would think that since all BMWs are shifting to them, BMW dealerships will carry them.

#11 · (Edited)
In Québec province, ALL dealers are closed on saturday+sunday, and my closest dealer is a 2:30 hrs drive :(

I had RFT on my '08 Mini Cooper S, and the ride was REALLY bad, it was my first mod, got new tires for it after 2 months driving it, and it did transform the way the MCS behaved!!! I always had a flat tire kit with me, the conticomfortkit, awesome piece of kit.

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=38

All that said, if I ever buy a new X3, I WILL switch to non RF Tires. I cant stand the way RFT behave's.............

#12 · (Edited)
The placement of those heated rear seat buttons is questionable. Some clumsy person is going to get them wet/broken because they're awful close to the floor. Or at the least, someone is gonna kick them by accident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.