BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Service required messages...

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  ml99 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever had their service status change substantially within a few days time?

On Friday the Status message came up and said I have been overdue for an oil change since 9/2010. (2009 750Li-Purchased car 6/2012, 13,000 miles)and at that time said 15,000 miles until change needed) Car now has 15,700 miles This morning the car is now unable to determine oil change status and vehicle check is now due! :dunno:

If anyone can offer some insight or has had this before and can tell me the outcome on your 7er, that would be great!

Dealer appointment is for Thursday on this along with RR suspension drop issue and I think I have the oil pump whine(sounds like a golf cart at low speeds/can hear it when radio off) and also asking them about the ventilated seats....it would be nice if I could feel cool air and also my upper back not feel as if I were getting burned.

Thanks,
Harry

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Looks like you're way overdue bud:rofl:

My service required messaged hasn't really changed, I have ~2500 miles on the car now, and it says 14k miles till service. Thats too long for an oil change IMO. I think in a thousand miles I'll just go pay for a darned oil change to get the metal filings and other stuff out. Its a lease but I don't mind paying ~120-150 so the next person doesn't have engine issues in 70k miles.

#4 ·
Update

1st time in for service and it went like this:

Oil & engine service error message issue they say is fixed.

Ventilated seats are normal?
They advised the seats draw air from cabin, not direct from hvac system. My thought on this, if true, is terrible design! Second thought is that after driving for an hour and car is nice and chilled, why can the seat/loud ass fans not find cold air to circulate??

Keeping car overnight to see how far the RR suspension droops.(problem not obvious it seems)

Engine whine issue: good luck to me on this one......
Even after driving tech around and having him acknowledge the sound, it seems they want to treat this as normal. I am gonna have to info up and goto bat on this. I had looked at a link that someone posted of their service invoice but can't find in forum any longer.

If anyone who has had issue fixed and can offer help or info or a copy of the service paperwork or a knowledgeable SA or Tech on this issue I would be very grateful.

If the SA spent as much time listening to me tell him about this issue as he spent on his sales spiel about wheel alignment and fuel injector cleaning I would feel better on getting this resolved. I love my high speed 7. I hate the low speed golf cart....:stupid:

#13 ·
I'm having the same problem on my 2011 535i. This is the fourth time I'll be taking it in for a repair attempt.

first time, they did the service, second time they repalced the CIC, third time they updated the car with SIB B34 02 13.

Now what?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678703

Did any of you ever have this problem again? What work was done on your car that you think cured this problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.