BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M3 ground clearance

12K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  circlek 
#1 ·
I've searched this forum and the internet in general....

Anyone know what the ground clearance/wheel base is on a 2012 M3 with the competition package.

I'm picking mine up soon, and I'm a little concerned about my driveway.

#2 ·
You will be going up all driveways at an angle the rest of the time you own the car.

Unless your driveway is abnormally steep, you should be okay if you always remember to go slow and at a angle.

#4 ·
I have a 2011 ZCP and I have to back into my driveway and pull out slowly. No scraping this way. I scrape both ways pulling in and backing out. Your probably gonna have to do the same as me. Good luck.

#8 ·
If you have the adjustable suspension, ALWAYS put it in one of the stiffer modes before going up. That way, there's less bounce to the suspension. It even recommends this in the manual.

#11 ·
i have a lowered f10 550i and im pretty sure the zcp M3 is lower. my car BARELY makes it out of my garage downstairs. i may be in some serious trouble.. ugh

#15 ·
^ You're lucky my friend. I'm more concerned with the middle of your car than the front. Good luck.

#19 ·
Initially VDC blamed the transport company and told the dealer to file a claim with them, when the dealer said fine, VDC came back and asked that they didn't want them to file a claim and would pay for the damages....

The VDC also said they had to keep the car an additional week to do the 1200 mile service and when it arrived at the dealer, the 1200 mile service hadn't been done. They called VDC to ask WTF and they said, oh we didn't have transmission fluid so we couldn't do it. Then why keep the car an additional week and not tell the dealer you didn't do the service until you were asked?

VDC is a FAIL in every respect.

But I digress, yes ground clearance on ZCP is pretty low, have to be careful and aware of your surroundings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.