BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What's Your Favourite Feature of Your X?

4K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  FormerRotor 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2011 this past weekend, and I have to say, the top view feature is excellent for parking the X into my seemingly small garage. The fact I can use the monitor to ensure that I'm not going to drive into anything is really great!

What feature do you like the best?

#4 ·
Yeap, I just traded my Nissan Murano 2010 for the 2013 X5, on my Murano I had more fancy features than the X5, but the handling on the X5 is the key and best feature among them.
For a SUV, I agree the X5 handles really well, especially since mine does even have AD. It's worlds better than the 04 Nissan Maxima I came from.

However, my other car is a E46 M3 with Ohlins coilovers and sticky tires, so I wouldn't say the X5 is the best handling car I've driven :)

#6 ·
What feature do you like the best?
The feature I like most is the V8 engine. Here are some others. In the correct order.

1) The sound and power of 501 horses! (Stage 2) :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
2) Comfort access. The first for me in a vehicle. :bigpimp:
3) The oh so comfortable multi-contour seats. :rofl:
4) The huge sunroof. (emergency exit) :p
5) The active steering. :thumbup:
6) The paddle shifters. :eeps:

#8 ·
Perfect blend of size, sporty driving attributes, styling and fuel economy (diesel).

- Mike

#11 ·
adaptive drive, definitely the best feature of the truck. Flat cornering in sport mode with supple smooth ride quality in normal mode.

#13 ·
Here in Boston, PDC and Top View cameras. They are Ingenius.

I regret not getting the HUD
Polarized glasses negate HUD. :mad:

- Mike

#18 ·
I just got my X5 35d this Saturday (from Jon.) So I have not much time to explore all the features yet. By far my favorite feature has to be the key less entry. I no longer bother with keys. I just press on the handle to open and touch the top part to close. What is nice about X5 is that it has all 4 doors with that touch sensitive key less entry. I believe the X3 had only two doors with that features. No matter what, I thought it was the neatest feature.

I do have Adaptive Drive. I have a feeling this feature will slowly creeps up my list as I get familiar with the X5. The lack of body roll does seem unnatural. I feel like I cam push more but I am not sure. I can see I need to take this to the track to fully understand the SAV. That won't happen until after the break in period and until I get more time.

#20 ·
AD, HUD, Keyless Entry, Stop & Go Cruise Control

I never look down at the speedo, HUD with Cruise Control great safety feature, specially if someone stops infront of you (when your checking your rearview mirror) it applies the brakes and sounds an alarm.

#21 ·
Personally I'd have to say that the 2 most favorite features are the handling/driving (such as the steering response, brake response and suspension response) and the awesome 20-way Multi-Contour seats. Unlike all the electronic crap, both of these features are pretty "unique" to X5 and the only car that has equal or better similar features is Porsche Cayenne (with an optional Adaptive Sport Seats).

#23 ·
Towing capabilities that defy what a mid-size SUV should be be able to do.

#28 ·
Great to know! I'm on the hunt for a 4x8 trailer to haul my winter coal in a ton at a time. Gonna get some funny looks for sure pulling into a coal yard in my Alpine White X5.

Hmm i'd say If I had to pick a favorite accessory right now it'd be the heated steering wheel. Else wise, I just love everything!!

#26 ·
you should really try armor all wheel protectant. Really helps prevent the build up of brake dust... I love it.

#29 ·
Top View Camera - Makes parking between lines effortless.
Large Sunroof - Brightens the interior.
Soft Close Doors - You get spoiled with this feature and you suddenly forget how to properly close the doors on a non-soft close car.
M Sport Pack - The thick M steering wheel and 20 " M wheels are sexy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.