BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Any word on a manual transmission in the US?

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  sanfranman 
#1 ·
Any word on getting a manual X1 in the US? Thinking I'd like to upgrade my 2006 X3, but I don't drive automatic. Any word?

Thanks!
James
San Francisco, CA
2006 X3 3.0i (manual, m-sport, premium, xenons, pdc)

#2 ·
Not going to happen. BMW just simply refuses to sell a SUV with 3 pedals in the US.

#9 ·
I hear you. I understand the economics. Just not sure I understand the marketing. Other than the Mini Countryman, is there any manual SUV in The States? Seems like this would absorb all of the demand for that niche into one vehicle and therefore make it profitable. Or maybe the take rate really is *that* low. :dunno:

#10 ·
People in BMW have told us (Bimmerfest) to show them the interest level and they will build them. I think the problem is that we're an enthusiast community so it seems like *everyone* wants a manual SUV but when you start counting up the numbers of people really in the market, who wouldn't have to compromise with a significant other, commuting, etc. the number drops quickly. We have a few ideas in the works to try and show BMW that there is interest but I wonder where the true number will shake out.

Tim

#13 ·
Funny, i was pretty much giving away my X3 at the price I posted for mine and got two wishy washy e mails and that was it. Of course I got them on the day that I was going to pick up my new ride and was not going to change things.

Really wanted mine to go to someone that appreciated a MT X3. You figure it was in near mint condition. Had lots of nice add ons, was outfitted well, under 75k miles and was asking $17,5k. Keep looking for it to pop up on the road somewhere and ask what they paid for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.