BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Right Side Rear Tail light on?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ssaiyan4 
#1 ·
I came home tonight and see my headlamps reflecting off of the tail lamps of the beamer and I notice its bright? thought it was the glare but when I checked it out my rear right tail lamp really was on.....

The car is still locked and no doors were open?

is this an alarm or something telling me some one was close??? (IF so I have an idea)

Confused :dunno:

#2 ·
I had something similar happen to me. My rear tail light was on even after I turned off the car, locked it and set the alarm. I found out that if I turned off the car with my turn signal on, that would happen. Wierd. Left turn singnal left on, left tail light on after setting alarm. Same for the right. Good luck.

#3 ·
Yeah if your turn signal is still on the light will stay lit.

#4 ·
It's a parking light dudes... hate to be the guy that says: "Read the manual", but I don't remember witch way you have to turn the turn signal in order to make right or left side markers lit up for the occasions when it's dark and you want to make your car visible to others. In my Mercedes I used to have a disignated button for it:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.