BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Dynamic Handling Package on F25

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ihumphrey 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at ordering a 2011 X3 3.5i soon but am confused about the Dynamic Handling Package vs the Sport Activity Package. According to the online ordering system and a PDF ordering guide I found online, you need the ZDH Dynamic Handling Package to get 223 (Dynamic Damper Control), 2VG (Performance Control), and 2VL (Variable Sport Steering).

The "fully-loaded" demo models at the dealerships I've been to have the ZAP Sport Activity Package and include (no extra charge) 2VG and 2VL. The salesman I spoke to just completed X3 training and said the only thing that ZDH adds is something about the electromagnetic suspension that makes it stiffer for off-road driving.

Does anyone know what the deal is with all this? What exactly do you get with the packages and is the ZDH worth the extra $1400? Does the 2VG Normal/Sport/Sport+ switch that comes with ZAP not actually change all the things it says it is? Or is it still changing them but in a different way than the ZDH?

Thanks!
David

#3 ·
That's what I thought but the sticker on the 3.5i at 4 different dealerships had both 2VG and 2VL. All had the SAP but didn't have the DHP. They also all had the 19" rims but those weren't listed on the sticker.

I think it's something I want, I'm just trying to figure out how much is different when you get the DHP and SAP vs SAP only with the way the cars seem to be configured.

#4 ·
Sport Activity package is an appearance package (with sport seats) and does not in anyway improve the suspension.

The Dynamic Handling packet is what includes EDC, sport steering, and the Performance Control for the xDrive (variable torque split in the rear).

Based on the mediocre experience with the base equipment, I strongly recommend both packages.

#6 ·
Sport Automatic Transmission settings. Can't adjust the handling/suspension though.

#8 ·
Before committing to that package you might want to read thru the "steering noise with grinding sensation" thread on the f10 forum. I congratulate myself for not getting that on my f10 everyday I see that thread grow by volumes. Not sure if the x3 has the ars, but it is unclear what exactly causes this problem, except it only occurs in dhp equipped cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.