BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CD Changer and Satellite Radio

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeffex 
#1 ·
I very recently purchased my first BMW. It's a 2005 525i and I love it so far.

I was originally planning to get the CD Changer and Satellite radio option, but decided not to go with them last minute.

I'm now regretting this decision and would like to know of any good sites I could check out to find compatible, yet less expensive options to the dealer installs.

The changer prep wiring is obviously there and the car has the Satellite radio prep also.

Can anyone help?

#2 ·
pjhusker said:
I very recently purchased my first BMW. It's a 2005 525i and I love it so far.

I was originally planning to get the CD Changer and Satellite radio option, but decided not to go with them last minute.

I'm now regretting this decision and would like to know of any good sites I could check out to find compatible, yet less expensive options to the dealer installs.

The changer prep wiring is obviously there and the car has the Satellite radio prep also.

Can anyone help?
Because of the I-Drive, at least for the satellite radio you will have to go with the dealer installation. There are not adapters available for the I-Drive like for the 3 series where we can go with XM in lieu of Sirius.

You may want to call around the different dealers and see how much they charge. Please note that BMW Advantage Midtown and BMW of Houston North offer discounts for BMWCCA members, (10%).

#3 ·
xm for 2005 5 series

Does anyone know of the parts and pieces that will install xm radio thru the remote CD changer access in 2005 5 Series. So that everything can be worked thru the BMW steering wheel and on the dash screen. The local guy's say it can't be done. I know it's being done on the 2003-2004 5 series. They say there very different and the same set-up won't work. :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.