BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2009 128i audio system

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mimini1 
#1 ·
All,
I am new to the forum and just purchased a 2009 128i prem/sport pkg with additional items with 12k.

Question:
It has what I understand is the std "professional" audio system with 10 speakers? 2x2 in front, 2x2 in back and 2 subs. Is this true? Looks like it has 2x2 in front, just 2 in back and not sure about subs under the seat.

I just cant seem to get the sound dialed it and coming from the 2011 Sonata SE seems dull and muffled. Not sure I want to rip it all out just want to understand exactly what the car has.

Thanks and looking forward to the association with Bimmerfest :thumbup:

#2 ·
I have a 2009 128i vert. The 2008 and 2009 models in the U. S. had the mid level system for the rest of the world. It has 4 tweeters, 4 4" mids and two 8 inch subs under the front seats. The tweeters for the front are by the side mirrors and the 4 inch are in the doors. On my vert, the back speakers are on the sides but in a coupe I think they may be up by the rear window.

I would call the sound good but not great. The quality of the speakers is better in the top level system and it also has more power. I don't listen that loud so my tendency is to believe better speakers would make the most difference. Others argue more power on the current ones helps a lot. One way to go if you agree with my quality of the speakers assessment is new speakers from Bavarian Sound Werks. Some will argue they are not that good, other report the opposite.

Jim

#6 ·
I had a 09 E82 and premium hifi sounds system is much better than HK on the loaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.