BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Where to buy magnaflow 16550

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  FLE39 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, if I do an exhaust on my daily driver 530i I think I'm going to skip all the riga-morrow with a custom exhaust and not be sure if I'll end up with drone or what not and local shops with stainless pipe and mandrel benders are hard to find. Tampa is not LA. We soup up $1,500 Hondas that burn oil. :tsk: And I don't want to cut my bumper. I've been searching around the net and locally for a vendor. And from I searched the going rate should be about $600 for the system. PM me please or post up. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Why not just leave it alone? You won't see any more power, just more noise.

You're better off replacing the VANOS seals to restore the low-end torque.

#3 ·
^probably the best sense yet.

#6 ·
Boy that does look good. Did you remove your Y resonator? What is the difference between the 14815 and 14816?

#7 ·
#8 ·
ya i think just the size of the tips. get the 16. the tips are perfect size for the car. the 14815 might be a little smal for a 5. have not removed the y res. i like the tone of the exhasut but its not loud enough for me. im going to replace the y res this weekend with a magnaflow 18in glasspack and see how that goes.

#9 ·
conclusion is either leave it stock or do the magnaflow kit. I don't want to be piece mealing this together. And I rather not cut the bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.