BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tire and Rim insurance - what's a fair price

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  jbueno 
#1 ·
After reading all the threads on the issues w RFT and Rims cracking, etc I checked with my dealer and the quoted me $ 1350 for coverage up to 45,000 miles or 3 years.

Is that a fair price ? I already have 11,000 miles on my bimmer.

#4 ·
I got a decent deal on my 5 with a 24 month lease. it was pretty low around ~800 or so. from reading the history on the car, i think it was a good idea.

however if i was buying or leasing a car with 18" wheels, i'd probably skip it. i have contis and they are doing pretty well.

#5 ·
Some people have been quoted as high as $1800 for a 3 year 36k miles of insurance on leases so I think you are getting a good deal.

Raj

#8 ·
I was offered about $950 for a non-BMW insurance plan for 5 years with no deductible. This covers the tires and rims for accidental, but not bumper rash or normal wear. They also offered a BMW plan for 5 years with a $50 deductible for $1250. I negotiated the BMW insurance down to $1100 and went with that. I'm a bit weary of the companies offering non-BMW plans and how well-funded their liabilities are. With the BMW plan, you know they aren't going away and considering that you may get a flat on the road away from your dealership, I figured an official BMW plan may save me future hassles. Good luck, regardless getting the insurance is a good idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.