BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2007 Iphone 5

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  photo2000a 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

We just got the iPhone 5 previously had the 4S worked np. Seems I just can't get the phone to pair. It will exchange the security code, then give a message the phone is not compatable. Just need it to make calls and address book.

Any ideas how I could get it to pair? Perhaps a pairing trick or a factory software for the car in the works?

thanks

#2 ·
could really use some help the 'usual' tricks didn't work. Anyone have a 528xi 2007 w/idrive get it to work w/a iPhone 5??

thanks

#4 ·
I also had no issues pairing my iPhone5 to my '08 535i. I haven't heard of anyone else having problems.

#5 ·
That's strange, from what I've heard is that iPhone 5 and iOS 6 work even better with BMW. I have an 05 545i and I used an iPhone 5 np, don't think there are that many changes in the iDrive. I have since broken my 5 and now am back to my 4S, but my 5 worked great on mine for the 3 weeks I had it. Hopefully others with a similar year/model can chime in.

#6 ·
thanks for the replies, perhaps either there is a glitch w/mine, or something specific to my particular 07 software/hardware what struck me as odd is that the 4s worked great. but it just won't pair get the error msg the phone is not comparable my iphone 5 paired right up w/my other bmw's

#8 ·
now I am sorta worse then before, my previous phone the v950 and the 4s all of which paired instantly in the past , now I can't get anything to pair . The iPhone 5 will show up and ask for the 0000 but then it says it can't pair. the v950 won't show the bmw on the list . All the phones are working fine w/anything other then my 528.

Am I over looking something obvious, could the cars BT module be hung up is there a way to reset it? or maybe someother trick?

thanks

#9 ·
I've paired 2 different iPhone 5 to my 05 530i no problem.

#10 ·
was the 05 same as 07? dunno. Strange thing this morning I tried it again , viola my iPhone 5 paired right up. However my v950 which worked for yrs dosn't. Seems the v950 will not list the bmw. at first I thought the phone went bad but it will list just about every other BT device around no problems. so not sure what is going on. got some voodoo happening . Anyone have any issues w/a v950 not showing the bmw? appreciate all those that responded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.