BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Leahter Seats in 2006 X3

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kjboyd 
#1 ·
I went to clean leather seats in Bmw after i got done cleaning seats in my Mazda Speed3.

I started to wipe seats with cleaner, only to realize that the seats started to peel off on the sides of the seats. It looked like i was scratching off a lottery ticket. Is there some kind of protective coating or r these seats not real leather.

I bought the 2006 X3 used with 28000 miles on it from dealership, its my first bmw any help on seats would be great. I have used same cleaner on all my cars that had leather seats over the years with no problem Lexol cleaner and conditioner

#3 ·
they are heated leather seats, is what the window sticker says, but the sides on the seats dont look like leather

now on the leatherette was there a coating on them to make them look more like real leather?

cause as i was cleaning, it look like i was just taking off a very thin coating, then under that layer the seat is not discolored and looked normal but it looked like peeling skin or a lottery ticket getting scratched off.

#5 ·
please post a picture, using flash, we will know as soon as we see them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.