BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Angel Eyes for 03 745i

11K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Ultimate745i 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to replace my Angel Eyes. I am looking at the White Ebay ones.

Are you replacing the

Bulbs
1.) EFX 5W XENON LED ANGEL EYE KIT BMW 745i 745Li 745 02-05 = $44.99

or

Whole Ring
2.) E39/E65 525/530/540/745 7000K CCFL Angel Eye Halo Ring = $38.99

Who has purchase their replacement from Ebay, which one & how has it been working?

#2 ·
i forget the name brand i bought, but all you need is the bulbs. you do not need to chacnge out the rings. very easy.. but you will have to take the bumper cover off to get to them, especially the passenger side. there is a DIY picture slides that someone has added in doing so. i used it, and it was very helpful. had to take my bumper cover off twice now, and i can do it less than 15 minutes.. 5W white is a good choice, i went blue, and wish i had went white.. youll need, nut driver, hex set, and a flat and phillips head screw driver. and thats about it..

#3 · (Edited)
I read that 745i 2002 - 2004 did not require the bumper removal. I may have read wrong!

I just ordered the White 2 x 5w = 6000w. I ordered from BMW Led. He states this one has the larger diameter casing & is metal for better heat dispersment! $38 + free delivery here Fri/Sat. Will install on Sat (hopefully)

I am also cleaning the inside Lense cover!

#4 ·
good idea cleaning lens covers. i didnt even think about doing that. hope it works out for you. and as far as the removing the bumper cover, i have an 02 745i, and you can possibly get to the driver side, but as far as the passenger side, there is a big metal braket in your way, so the headlight has to be loosened and brought forward to get them out. good luck. you shouldnt have any problems. just take your time.. show pics when youre all done.

#6 ·
Did you have to remove the Bumber cover to get the bulbs? Or just remove light assembly screws & slide the assembly forward to access?

I am doing tomorrow morning. I plan on replacing the Angel Eye bulbs w/White, cleaning the interior Lense (passenger side has lots of oxidation inside) & resealing the lenses with Clear Permatex sealants.

Should look nice when I am finished!

#9 ·
djdelite,

I did not & you do not have to remove the bumper to install the new Angel eyes. It's simple took 20 minutes. The passenger requires you to remove the air intake box or just remove the 2 screws that hold it in place. I went to youtube. I guy had posted there!

1.) Get the Angel eye bulbs from ebay BMW led 1 yr warranty (ebayer)
2.) Youtube for the installation or I can provide the link!

Very Easy.

I however, need to clean the Oxidation from the inside of my passenger side Lense! I cannot remove the Lense cover without removing the bumber! But, I have already replaced Angel Eye bulbs = 20/30 minutes depending on hand side! I am 6'1" with big hands. Go for it!

#8 ·
On 02-05, you DO NOT have to remove the bumper. Just remove 4 screws that hold the headlight assembly in place, slide the headlights forward to get to the bulb, and you should be good to go. However, you will have to remove the air filter housing on the passenger side to maneuver better since it is a tight fit. Very easy job...

#14 · (Edited)
Removing the Lense Cover. I am using 3M wet/dry Emperior 2000 grit sandpaper w/ water and Turtle Wax. Windex & Dry. Then use clear permatex to seal the Lense cover.

However, you have to remove the bumper to remove the Lense cover. I am still looking for the main bolts that hold the bumper on. I believe the bolts are behind the 4 circles (2 on each side). Unless these are the front sensor! Not for sure! I will look again tomorrow afternoon or this weekend! If you know or find out please post!

#19 ·
#22 ·
I am getting ready to replace my Angel Eyes. I am looking at the White Ebay ones.

Are you replacing the

Bulbs
1.) EFX 5W XENON LED ANGEL EYE KIT BMW 745i 745Li 745 02-05 = $44.99

or

Whole Ring
2.) E39/E65 525/530/540/745 7000K CCFL Angel Eye Halo Ring = $38.99

Who has purchase their replacement from Ebay, which one & how has it been working?
You dont need the ring... Just get #1.. oh and I know those guys.. tell them Delight Marketing sent you.. He'll take care of you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.