BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Just took European Delivery of Carbon Black/Amaro 640GC

10K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  TexasBMW 
#1 · (Edited)
Man can this thing drive! The wife and I picked up our new 640i Gran Coupe in Munich and made our way across the Alps to Florence, Monaco and Nice for Drop Off. It was an amazing trip, can't wait until our next ED!

The first look at our Carbon Black/Amaro Brown Gran Coupe.

The BMW Welt is an amazing place.

Wife getting instructions on camera systems.

Outside the Welt

iDrive worked pretty well throughout the trip.

640GC M Sport front end, Neuschwanstein Castle in the background.

640GC side view.

640GC down low.

See less See more
#2 ·
That must have been a ton of fun in that car! I can't wait until I can get back to Germany for another European Delivery too! Now you have the hard part of waiting for re-delivery.

What was your favorite part about the 640GC?

#3 ·
That must have been a ton of fun in that car! I can't wait until I can get back to Germany for another European Delivery too! Now you have the hard part of waiting for re-delivery.

What was your favorite part about the 640GC?
1. The way it handles. Dream to drive. Loved the twisties!
2. The interior fit and finish, like an Aston Martin but for half the cost.
3. The sleek exterior and the menacing look of the M sport package.

#4 ·
Great pictures. Love the ones with the Neuschwanstein Castle in the background. Are you happy with the Individual interior? (I'm getting Canyon Brown and I'm a bit nervous about it.)

Every time I order a new car, we talk about doing ED again, but just never make it a priority. We were there before the new delivery center, so I'd love to go back.

#5 ·
Love the individual interior. We debated between the white seats and amaro dash and the amaro seats with the black dash. In the end we went Amaro/Black as the white was too white to keep clean. Looks great in the marketing materials. The white stitching is a nice contrast with the Amaro/Black.

If Canyon Brown is the Chocolate Brown, I liked this in person as well.

ED was amazing, can't wait to do our next one!

#8 · (Edited)
We took BA LBB-DFW-LHR-MUC, return NCE-LHR-DFW-LBB. We ended up spending around $2,400.00 for the two tickets and this was in World Traveler Plus which had foot rests, better recline, Business Class entree, etc. so nicer than coach but not as nice as Business Class. We watched for sales and the WT+ seats ended up being only a couple of hundred dollars higher per ticket than standard coach.

We joined the BA FF program, transfered some Amex miles to their AVIOS program and we were able to upgrade our WT+ seats to Business Class for a total of 25,000 AVIOS points and $300.00. This was great as we had lie flat beds for our overnight flight. I had to watch their website several times a day to snag the tickets.

I have status on American Airlines so I was able to make our seat selection on BA as soon as we purchased our tickets. Otherwise, you have to wait until 24 hours before departure for seat selection. Even in Business Class!

On the return, we were not able to snag an upgrade to Business. This was probably because I didn't want to spend vacation time looking for upgrades every day. The WT+ seats ended up being fine and were really comfortable. We even caught a couple of hours of shut eye on the flight.

The flight attendants on the DFW-LHR-DFW flights were outstanding. Cordial, polite, I would fly BA again in a heart beat. Lufthansa does not offer Coach plus.

FYI: If you have an Amex Card, through the 27th I think, they are offering a 1 to 1.4 mile exchange for Amex Points to AVIOS points. So 100,000 Amex Points is 140,000 AVIOS points.

#9 ·
I think it looks great with the Amaro/Black interior. Since it's a standard wood, you can't order it this way on the two door 6 coupe when you order Individual leather like the Amaro. So I was a bit worried that it wouldn't look right. It looks perfect.

#11 ·
It's on the high seas right now. Supposed to arrive at the port on the 21st.

#13 · (Edited)
Hi Ace535i

I'm a sucker for frequent flyer miles! Regarding engine choice. It's my wife's car. She drove both and didn't feel like there was much of a difference for her driving style. Me, I would want an M6GC :) It was more important for her to have the luxury seating package, heated seats, ventilation and the Individual leather on her derrière!

#14 ·
Yes!, just took re-delivery of our GC stateside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.