BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New member here with a question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dannyb1027 
#1 ·
What's up guys, new to the forum but not to BMW. I'm an owner of 745Li 2003 134,000 on the dash. I've had the car for almost a year now with no issues. Until now of course, keep in mind no Check engine light. Almost 2 weeks ago I noticed it would idle rough every now and then when in reverse, I could feel it jerk a little and seems more often now it's started sputtering a little when accelerating hard (again not all the time but more frequent). It idles in drive fine, and in park. But every now and then it does this sputter.

The cel does work I've repaired a bad coil a few months back and reset it.

I've been reading the forum since even before purchasing last year, good knowledge base. Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I'm still learning about this car, sooooo different ( high maintenance queen).. ave you done any maintenance for the fuel system? Have you tried any fuel additives/treatment? Such as Lucas fuel treatment, Redline S1 or the Techron all I read about are pretty good. Also, have you changed your fuel filter? It's on my maintenance "to do" checklist. Also, do a search for MAF sensor, try cleaning it, might help.
Some things to try. I'm sure other members might chime in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.