BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rolf not responding to emails!

7K views 36 replies 30 participants last post by  Jon Shafer 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has some current info about Rolf's status. I contacted him, initially, about a month ago to book pick-up service at the airport. He responded right away.

However, I have emailed him 3 times over the past week to confirm and I've gotten NO response! I'm starting to panic a little. :yikes:

Anyone?

Thanks.

#3 ·
Peter picked us up on 9/6. I asked him about Rolf because Rolf had initially emailed me that he would be on vacation in Spain past our pick-up date, but later I saw someone post that Rolf was picking them up a little before 9/6. Peter said that Rolf was ill, I was unclear whether he had gone to Spain at all. Peter did a good job for us, pointing out sights along the way and providing a lot of sightseeing suggestions, and took us to ADAC on the way to the hotel to get maps, vignettes, and vests.

#5 ·
Ah, Catch 22. Peter is arranged through Rolf. However, Rolf gave me Peter's phone number in case I needed to contact him directly. I don't want to post it without his permission, but if you want to PM me, I don't think he'd mind me giving it to you, seeing as Rolf is not responding.

#6 · (Edited)
Take the Lufthansa Airport bus to the Hauptbahnhof then a taxi to your hotel and put 20 extra euros in your pocket. You don't need Rolf to hold your hand or armed parking protection. Munich is the safest city in Germany if not the safest city in Europe not a Mexican border town.

#11 ·
Peter picked us up on September 10. He was great. Not only did he drive us to our hotel pointing out the sights, but he stopped at the German Auto Club so we could buy our vignettes and stopped at the train station so we could exchange our dollars for euros. Yes, we could have taken public transportation, but we had 4 bags of luggage. Peter was well worth it.

#13 ·
Hope he's ok.

#15 ·
I worked over email with Rolf to schedule before he went on vacation. Peter picked us up, on-time, on 9/7. He had a long list of folks that he was picking up - written on paper he had in his pocket - so he could not take us to the Welt on the delivery morning (was not planning on that anyway).

I too hope that everything is OK. Peter was great, including the run up to 120MPH in his diesel 3r wagon. Should have seen the look on my wife's face...welcome to the autobahn!

#17 ·
Rolf no show

I arrived on Friday am. Had a pickup scheduled with Rolf. He was a no show. I called his contact number and a woman answered. She said he was at the clinic in Broken English.
My best interpretation was he is I'll. Hoped on a taxi. 60 euros to Westin Grand Munich.
Not too bad. I hope Rolf is ok, I'm sure he is a nice man.

#18 ·
Lufthansa Airport Bus, S-bahn or taxi are all great ways to get to central München or the Welt. Who wants to start off their ED fretting over finding and locating Rolf/Peter/Elmo, or worse yet, wasting an hour for a no-show?

I must have done this >50 times from the München (and Frankfurt) airports: try out public transportation and relax :thumbup:

#19 ·
Picking up now and Rolf was a no show this last Friday, 21. I hope he is ok. We confirmed last week. Lufthansa bus transport works great to the main train station.

#21 ·
Personally, I think Rolf's services were worth every Euro he charged us. A very, very nice guy and very accomodating. I've taken the train from the airport into town on numerous occassions and while it's very efficient and fairly cheap, having a "chauffeur" meet us at the airport, haul our bags and get us right to the front door of the Welt was much more pleasant and stress-free. Especially since we were picking up the car the same day we flew in. Also the fact that we lugged our 82 year old mothers along on the trip meant that they didn't get left behind in the mad rush to pickup our new car.

#22 ·
I agree with Gluhwein. I can find another way from the airport without an issue but I am still disappointed as I had talked up the experience with Rolf to my Dad (co-pilot on this trip). Of course Rolf's health is more important than my airport to munich travel experience...

#24 ·
I wish him a quick recovery. Glad to see the posts since I had sent multiple emails with no response. Does anyone know what a Taxi would cost to the Welt? What is the cost and the time to the Welt on the train?
I haven't done the taxi before but someone else noted around 60 euros to their hotel earlier in the thread. I did just research the train and there is a 20 euro "partner" airport-city day ticket with which up to 5 people can travel all day (unlimited) on the MVV network. More info here:

http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/tickets-fares/tickets/day-tickets/airport-city-day-ticket/index.html

#25 ·
We took the train to our hotel on Sunday. It is easy. Take the S1 or S8 to the city center from the airport. You can transfer to the underground train to Olympia Park, where the welt is. Only 20 euros for five or less people.

#27 ·
Rolf picked my wife and I up on June 30th when we were on vacation (no ED, but I did rent a Z4 from BMW Welt BMW on Demand). I hope he's well! If anyone hears more about how he's doing, please share with the rest of us.

Rob
2010 M3/Melbourne Red, Fox Red Extended, Premium Package, Technology Package

#31 ·
I hope Rolf will get well soon...he is the MAN when we went pickup last year...

#29 ·
Our pick-up was on 9/19. Rolf did not respond to emails that I sent a few days before to confirm. I booked him in July. I called his cell from the airport and a woman answered. She did not speak English but mentioned his name. So I am concerned for his health. We walked a few hundred feet from where we were supposed to meet him (in front of Edeka at Terminal 2) and got a cab to the front door of the Welt for 56 Euro. When we dropped the car off this past weekend we bought the 20 Euro train ticket to get to Munich and back to the airport. We stayed at the Kempinski Airport Hotel the last 2 nights of our visit. The entrance to the Kempinski is across from and down a hundred yards from the airport drop-off location. Since it was Oktoberfest the trains were very crowded They should not be crowded though if you get on at the Airport. Don't know how close the train stops to the Welt or whether you would have to change trains. Both S1 and S8 take you to the Center of Munich.

#30 · (Edited)
I'm sorry to hear that Rolf has a major health problem and I hope that he recovers soon.

During our ED In May last year my wife and I were impressed when we found Rolf waiting for us with his scooter, which is apparently what he uses to get around the airport. He seemed to be in good health and good shape then, lifting our bags onto his cart and loading and unloading them from his car.

Here's a picture of Rolf goofing around in the lobby of the Munich Marriott. I asked him to pose with me for a picture and he grabbed the sign from the concierge desk at the last minute:

#32 ·
I actually just spoke with Rolf on the phone today. He is in the hospital and told me that he is in very bad health and that he is lucky to be alive. Im not sure exactly what kind of problems he is facing but it doesn't sound good. I hope he gets well soon. He said that he will be unavailable for at least the next 3 weeks maybe more, but that Peter is still available to provide transfer service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.