BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Urgent help required from m6 experts

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  irfan645 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I really need your thoughts here. Been looking for m6 haven't seen that many so far, however interested in one in my vicinity. But it comes with myriad of problems and questions. The body work, spec of the car seems good enough, i took my regular mechanic with me who plugged the machine and found VANOS problem on it. When started it few times it rattled and vanos bank was sounding fairly loud. He advised me to stay away. Anyway got the owner of the car to agree to having the problem diagnosed at her regular dealership. The car has been seamlessly serviced and maintained by the same BMW garage. After couple of days they found problem with the vanos oil pressure pump.... I already knew the cost of repairs and it the quote arrived just over 4k in hard earned British currency. Questions that i posed further, what chances are of any hidden damage thats already done to other components such as camshafts, valves, timing chain etc. The recall as all the cars have had one, was done in feb2006 just after the car was bought. They only change the pipe lines but not the actual oil pressure pump and there bloody 4 of them supplying oil to the system. It's very tempting because the owner has agreed to lower the price significantly and after taking on the repair costs the car would cost me roughly 19k which for 46k 55 reg is still 4-5k cheaper. I will take a BMW comprehsive warranty out once the repairs are done. Is it worth it?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.