BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

tranny advice

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  E36 Phantom 
#1 ·
so i bought a tranny and now have to install it. to do so is about $450 USD. is it worth it to just have someone do it for me, or should i just do it myself? i dont know what all is involved in the process on the e36...do i have to drop and remove a lot of stuff? or is it an easy diy job? :dunno:

#2 ·
Its a chore. IMO *well* worth the 450. You hafta be sure to support the engine with a support or lift to keep it from tilting forward, so you need some good equipment there. The biggest thing is removing the whole driveshaft assy to get the thing out. IIRC thee exhaust has gotta go too.

I'd gladly pay 5 or 650 to have R&R on it!

#3 ·
Its a chore. IMO *well* worth the 450. You hafta be sure to support the engine with a support or lift to keep it from tilting forward, so you need some good equipment there. The biggest thing is removing the whole driveshaft assy to get the thing out. IIRC thee exhaust has gotta go too.

I'd gladly pay 5 or 650 to have R&R on it!
Here we refer to that as R squared, but i dont know how to do that on this computer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.