BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My Blog

16K views 144 replies 13 participants last post by  southern6er22 
#1 ·
I started a blog to create a central base for my reviews/posts, pictures, videos, etc. I'll still be posting here and on 6post, but I wanted to get it all linked to one place.

I know I need to get a life... :rofl:

http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/

#2 ·
Southern. You're in college, go out and live it up!!! We need to live vicariously through you :)

#3 ·
Haha. You need to find someone else if you're looking for excitement. My friends tell me I'm a 55 year old man stuck in the body of a 23 year old. The excitement and adventure comes in spurts, but 95% of the time I get my kicks from books, medical journals, and school. I think Jonny and Itin know how to have a good time... much more than me anyway.

#4 · (Edited)
Hey man. I think it's great that you find your enjoyment out of research and eduction. Most of my friends from College chose other routes to take and ended up going back to doing the same sh*t they did in HS. I am not going to mention what it is they do but I think you get my drift. Nothing good.

BTW, I think the show "Big Bang Theory" is giving auditions :D

We're just breaking your balls of course!

Your contribution to this board is outstanding and i'm sure your contributions to society and the community will be far beyond that even.

Bravo Zulu, Southern!!! We need more from your generation to be more like you.

As gehmjc said, don't forget to live it up too. You deserve it. All work and no play make Southern a dull boy (Dont take that literal, BTW. It's a quote from "The Shining" :). We do love our movie quotes here).

#5 ·
Hey man. I think it's great that you find your enjoyment out of research and eduction. Most of my friends from College chose other routes to take and ended up going back to doing the same sh*t they did in HS. I am not going to mention what it is they do but I think you get my drift. Nothing good.

BTW, I think the show "Big Bang Theory" is giving auditions :D

We're just breaking your balls of course!

Your contribution to this board is outstanding and i'm sure your contributions to society and the community will be far beyond that even.

Bravo Zulu, Southern!!! We need more from your generation to be more like you.

As gehmjc said, don't forget to live it up too. You deserve it. All work and no play make Southern a dull boy (Dont take that literal, BTW. It's a quote from "The Shining" :). We do love our movie quotes here).
Hahaha. Thank you... for all of that. And I never new that quote was from "The Shining." I guess I have one more to add to the list. :)

Just trying to fill in the blanks with these cars for others who are in the buying process. It seems like a lot of the videos are very redundant and provide video form of the BMW media packet rather than really showing all of the features of these cars. These machines are too amazing to not be fully understood and appreciated.

#8 ·
BTW thanks for the heads up on the full LED option. I was so set on the 19s I never would've thought it was possible with the M Package.

#10 ·
Nicely done, Southern.

#11 ·
Y'all are too kind. Glad to know someone's lookin' at this stuff. I'm very intrigued by the audience statistics for the blog. I'm apparently very popular among Mac users and Saudi Arabians. :)

Thanks again, guys!

#12 ·
#13 ·
Until I get my nearly identically equipped 6er as your's I must live vicariously through this blog!

#14 ·
Think we can get 576,000 miles on our 6's? Probably not.

Attachments

#15 ·
Sure hope not. If it does get that many miles, I hope someone else is dealing with it at that point.

#16 ·
#19 ·
I think that is the best video yet to capture the sound of the M-Sport package exhaust.

I also think you are going to need new tires after all. LOL

I also think that car stands out like a sore thumb there. I did see one Z3, though.

Dude. You are good that this stuff.

#20 ·
I think that is the best video yet to capture the sound of the M-Sport package exhaust.
Thanks. I'm hoping to do another one on a day that is less windy. I tried to edit out as much as possible, but iMovie on the iPhone has its limitations :)

I also think you are going to need new tires after all. LOL
Tis very likely lol.

I also think that car stands out like a sore thumb there. I did see one Z3, though.
Haha. It does, but, in Mobile's defense, most of the footage was not exactly in the nicest parts of town. One of the roads is lined by whore house hotels, one is about 2 miles away from the land of the leprechuns, and the interstate bit connects the two. That's the scenic tour of Mobile lol.

#22 ·
#23 ·
I just added some post-cleaning/conditioning pictures of the door panels that highlight the contrast stitching and the matte finish as an addendum to my post from last night.

http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/

#24 ·
In addition to the two new videos I added today I also added an extra tab or two to get things a little better organized.

#25 ·
"Caring for the Cattle." Love it! Sometimes I love the internet.

#27 ·
New Post on Detailing the Interior now that I finally finished the leather, plastic, carpets, glass, etc.

http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/p/new-posts.html

Here are some new pics I took. They're a bit redundant as I haven't had time to go through and get rid of the pics that are very similar - on the to-do list. There's a link to these at the bottom of the detailing post I just added.

Let me know what you think.

#29 ·
BMW gives you a front plate mount (mine was in the trunk when I took delivery) should you need it.

#31 ·
I haven't looked too closely at the bracket, but there are two holes (red arrows in attached pic) on the under side of an overhang on the bumper that appear to be positioned specifically for that bracket. You can't see them, but I felt them the other day while washing my car.

Attachments

#34 ·
I think there are still two holes required for the top of the plate.

We're required to have front plates here in Ohio, but I've always belligerently refused and paid the fines when/if they occur. I just hate the look of a front plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.