Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 (2004 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   2005 E60 Bluetooth Setup Question (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100331)

kybriggs82 06-04-2005 07:47 PM

2005 E60 Bluetooth Setup Question

I Have A Motorola V551 And I Am Attempting To Setup This Phone With My Vehicle. Can Someone Tell Me How To Setup My Phone To Be Compatible With My Vehicle? What Settings Do I Need To Use On The Motorola V551 And What Settings Do I Use For My Vehicle Under Communications? I'm Confused!!! Help!!! Please Make It Very Basic For Me To Understand!!!!!! Thanks!

TL2E90 06-04-2005 08:45 PM

You will need to browse E60 user manual as well as you phone's user manual (see bluetooth section)
From waht I know in general, there is a process called "pairing" that is when you pair your cellphone with your car. I did pair up my Sony-Ericsson T68i with my former Acura TL and albeit I don't remember details, I do remember that it was very simlple after reading user's manuals.

kybriggs82 06-04-2005 08:52 PM

Here's the problem.. My Motorola phone worked before but BMW had to reset my computer and now my cell phone doesn't pair.. Oops I lost my Motorola v551 instruction booklet and now I'm stuck.. a little help please... Does my cell phone go inside the console to pair???

kd2789mo 06-04-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kybriggs82
Here's the problem.. My Motorola phone worked before but BMW had to reset my computer and now my cell phone doesn't pair.. Oops I lost my Motorola v551 instruction booklet and now I'm stuck.. a little help please... Does my cell phone go inside the console to pair???

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/demo..._v551/V551.pdf
https://commerce.motorola.com/consum...ml/manual.html

CapeBimmer 06-06-2005 04:47 PM

The phone can be anywhere inside the car to pair.

I too have a V551 and although I do not remember exactly what I did I do remember that it was very important to follow the BMW instructions to the letter.

The phone - go to the icon with the screw driver and wrench -

then to "connection", select bluetooth and it will look for the car and the car will look for the phone.

then to the "car settings", settings should be Auto answer "off", Auto handsfree "on"
not sure about the others but I have Power-off delay "30 minutes" and charger time "off".

I also recommend that when in the car keep the phone plugged in to a charger. I only get about 30 minutes of talk time if the phone is not plugged in.

Good luck . . .

kd2789mo 06-06-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapeBimmer
I also recommend that when in the car keep the phone plugged in to a charger. I only get about 30 minutes of talk time if the phone is not plugged in.

This is because of the Motorola default setting for your phone to seek a compatible device is every 10 minutes. If you change the seek setting (located in initial setup menu) to 60 minutes, your talk-time will improve to 90-120 minutes.
The combination of the large LCD color display, and 20 second bluetooth seek every 10 minutes, rapidly discharges the battery.

CapeBimmer 06-07-2005 03:28 AM

KD,

Thank you - I will change the seting.

Steve

CapeBimmer 06-07-2005 06:03 AM

KD,

I can not find the seek setting in the intitial set up menu.

???

CapeBimmer 06-14-2005 08:36 AM

to KYBRIGGS82

I am having the same problem you had. My car went in for service and came back with software rev. 17.2 and my bluetooth does not work :mad:

What did you do to get your V551 to pair to the car?

Thanks,

Steve

TGray5 06-17-2005 01:04 AM

Quote:

to KYBRIGGS82

I am having the same problem you had. My car went in for service and came back with software rev. 17.2 and my bluetooth does not work :mad:

What did you do to get your V551 to pair to the car?

Thanks,

Steve

Sorry to hear...sounds like v17.2 is bad news. Another poster mentioned that his auto headlights and rain sensor were all messed up after getting v17.2 as well. grrrrr
:mad:

mrbelk 06-17-2005 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGray5
Sorry to hear...sounds like v17.2 is bad news. Another poster mentioned that his auto headlights and rain sensor were all messed up after getting v17.2 as well. grrrrr
:mad:

Sounds more like the technician that did the SW upgrade didn't bother to note that the BT functionality was enabled prior to the upgrade, and then the upgrade clobbered the configuration and removed the BT functionality. Just like when you reset a hardware device back to factory defaults; you'd better have a backup of the running config so that you can get it back to where it was.

-MrB

CapeBimmer 06-17-2005 06:51 PM

I did get my phone to pair with the car but only about 40% of the phone book downloads to the car. Strange . . . Also the phone talk quality is worse now. Signal is terrible - I am dropping a lot of my calls or the call fades in and out. :mad:

I've been away all week and plan to call my SA on Monday.

17.2 - there is no longer a (compass) direction indicator in the Nav system! I think the old arrow to north and then you had to figure out the direction was awful - it should tell you what direction you are going. But now there is nothing! :thumbdwn:

The car is now less "touchy". I think they detuned the active steering and the throttle response and/or shifting points (automatic tranny). Anyway I have only driven to and from the airport since I got it back.

TGray5 06-17-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

I did get my phone to pair with the car but only about 40% of the phone book downloads to the car. Strange . . . Also the phone talk quality is worse now. Signal is terrible - I am dropping a lot of my calls or the call fades in and out. :mad:

I've been away all week and plan to call my SA on Monday.

17.2 - there is no longer a (compass) direction indicator in the Nav system! I think the old arrow to north and then you had to figure out the direction was awful - it should tell you what direction you are going. But now there is nothing! :thumbdwn:

The car is now less "touchy". I think they detuned the active steering and the throttle response and/or shifting points (automatic tranny). Anyway I have only driven to and from the airport since I got it back.

With 16.2 there is no direction indicator on the nav screen either. I set the assistance window to show 'current position' and there is a North pointing arrow on that screen.