Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   M6 lead the US Moto GP 7/10/05 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104205)

SpeedFreak! 07-10-2005 03:12 PM

M6 lead the US Moto GP 7/10/05

I was watching the US Moto GP today and was delighted to see a beautiful white M6 lead the start of the race. Along with the usual outside camera shot... there was a rear bumper cam with a mic and a shot looking out the front windshield, also mic'd... the sight and sound of this car is absolutely amazing... :wow:

Kalin 07-10-2005 07:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The M6 is a beautiful car! I talked to the guy driving it for a while and the new on-board computer with the M5/M6 is crazy. You can select how much horsepower you want, how quickly it shifts, and a bunch more. He said this M6 is the only one produced so far and they expect it to sell for about 100,000 euros. I tried getting a ride but he said he couldn't do it.

Kalin 07-10-2005 07:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And a couple more pictures...

SpeedFreak! 07-10-2005 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalin
The M6 is a beautiful car! I talked to the guy driving it for a while and the new on-board computer with the M5/M6 is crazy. You can select how much horsepower you want, how quickly it shifts, and a bunch more. He said this M6 is the only one produced so far and they expect it to sell for about 100,000 euros. I tried getting a ride but he said he couldn't do it.

HOW FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! YOU were there?! Did you get to hear that thing take off... what little I heard from TV was incredible!!! :yikes:

:thumbup:

Kalin 07-10-2005 08:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yeah, my squadron did the F/A-18 flyovers this weekend. Was the total hook-up, but Laguna Seca always gives us a good reception.

The sound of the M6 was incredible. Totally matches the looks. If only I had the cash to buy one.... when they come out.

SpeedFreak! 07-10-2005 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalin
Yeah, my squadron did the F/A-18 flyovers this weekend. Was the total hook-up, but Laguna Seca always gives us a good reception.

The sound of the M6 was incredible. Totally matches the looks. If only I had the cash to buy one.... when they come out.

Wow... incredible photos! How cool to be there... the sights and sounds... I bet your ears are ringing! :thumbup:
Thanks for your service to our country... and for standing up for my families freedom! Your a hero. So do you get to fly in the jet's, too. :thumbup:

Kalin 07-10-2005 08:24 PM

I walked over the race-way just as all the bikes zoomed by... thought my ear drums were going to burst! Worst damage from the weekend is my sun-burn. My face feels like it could cook some eggs.

Unfortunately our jets are single seat. It'd be really uncomfortable in the back of that. I'd have to be that guy from Oceans 11 to make that work. I'm trying for an F-14 ride before they're completely phased out.