Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   6 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Should i do it or not? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105433)

AriciU 07-20-2005 06:10 PM

Should i do it or not?

I'm thinking of raising up some money to buy the full M6 kit. Front/rear bumper, sideskirts, exhausts, mirrors and wheels. It would cost me around 8000EURO's fully painted but i'm not really so sure about trying to pretend that the car is something that it's not.

gbelton 07-20-2005 06:53 PM

Be Proud of Your 645 Coupe

4 Attachment(s)
Hello My Friend:

I don't know what they say about you in Europe when you try to be something your not but here in the US of A... Keep it real my friend and you will be envied always.

Acting like you have a M6 and they are not even out yet, Lame... My friend.. Lame...

Don't do it.

-GMAN

AriciU 07-20-2005 07:11 PM

Hehe, kinda like a sheep in wolves clothing :P Saw one today at the dealership and it really marked me. Too bad it was black and you couldn't see the lines properly. Gorgeous anyway.

Hmm... if i think about it better, next summer depreciation will hit them so they will most likely fall in the 80-90k range. Hmm, if i save around 33k it will be mine :D

jetstream23 07-20-2005 09:32 PM

Stick with what you have! Looks good already and you'll spend 8000 to get little or no performance improvement. If you are itching to do anything, save up and put some killer wheels on it. It will give you the biggest appearance improvement and cost less than half of what you were planning to spend! Good luck.

AriciU 07-20-2005 09:50 PM

Was thinking of getting some 19" Breyton Spirits, hartge springs (3cm lower) and some hartge exhausts next summer. I'm afraid of scratching them like hell though.

m630 07-21-2005 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AriciU
I'm thinking of raising up some money to buy the full M6 kit. Front/rear bumper, sideskirts, exhausts, mirrors and wheels. It would cost me around 8000EURO's fully painted but i'm not really so sure about trying to pretend that the car is something that it's not.

dont do it! you have a beautiful car, no need to pose, besides, the front and rear are made of CFP, a nightmare to maintain if you drive the car day to day..

gbelton 07-21-2005 07:43 AM

Breyton's Are Fantastic..

Hello My Friend:

You seem to already have 19", buy the 20" and you will be very pleased.

Keep it classic BMer! Not too gauty

-GMAN

AriciU 07-21-2005 10:07 AM

Can't use 20"'s in this country. Even the 40's in the fronts (245/40/19) are too low for some of the holes we have here. With 20"'s on it i think i'd switch the tires once every 2-3 weeks and probably break the wheels as well. Just changed both front tires yesterday at 600euros each(around 8-900$... ripoff) cose of this damn roads so even 19"'s are pushing it around here.

gbelton 07-21-2005 12:41 PM

Crummy Roads... Gimmie a BREAK!

Hello My Friend:

I hear ya loud and clear! The cost is too high to support tire/rim repair.

Those 20" would look fantastic.

-GMAN

dborlando 07-21-2005 10:23 PM

Which color 650 Ci?

My BMW salesman in Winter Park, FL says I can place an order for the 650 Ci Coupe in early September. I'm leaning towards Black Sapphire Metallic, but also like the Silver-Gray. I would do the sport package wheels, for either color. Interior would be the charcoal w/ burl walnut trim. Any suggestions?

Tim Kay 07-22-2005 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dborlando
My BMW salesman in Winter Park, FL says I can place an order for the 650 Ci Coupe in early September. I'm leaning towards Black Sapphire Metallic, but also like the Silver-Gray. I would do the sport package wheels, for either color. Interior would be the charcoal w/ burl walnut trim. Any suggestions?

Here in California the dealers are taking names to put on the September production cars and I suspect the dealers will get the actual allocations for those September production within a week or two. My point is, I wouldn't wait till September to order if you want the first production run.

SmoothCruise 07-24-2005 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AriciU

Make it look like a tuned car. Personally, I don't think the M6 looks any better than the regular 6. Did you look at your choices?

Racing Dynamics, Schnitzer, Breyton, and Hamann make nice classy front spoilers for the regular 6. Hartge has the most unique front spoiler (for good or for bad.. I actually like it).

These guys also make nice rear aprons/spoilers too. I particularly like the Schnitzer rear end spoiler. Racy, yet classy, in my opinion.

Ofcourse, if I made enough money, I'd abandon BMW for a nice Italian-German Hybrid like the new Lamborghini Gallardo Special Edition seen on tuningnews.net... ah... need to win the lottery. :)

MarkCarson 08-12-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dborlando

Take a look at Stratus Gray instead. You have to see it in the "flesh" and in the sun to appreciate it. In the shade (and on the BMW website images) it does not impress, but it actually has a pale gold undercoat that the sun lights up.

I know as my ED 645 is Stratus Gray. Now I just have to wait 6 weeks for the boat to bring it to me. I also have Cream Beige interior which I thought when I ordered it would be too light color compared the beige interior of my 745. My concern is my kids kicking black heal marks on it when they clamber out of the backseats. Anyway, the cream beige is beautiful, it makes the interior light and airy. So far, so good, the kids haven't been in the car since they did not go to Europe with us for the ED.

credit777 08-13-2005 11:18 AM

Mineral Silver is Amazing

Before I ordered our 650 (due to arrive mid/late October), my wife and I checked out the colors on the BMW website. We discovered you need to drive to the dealership and actually look at the colors - because the website and photos don't really display the colors correctly.

Since there aren't a lot of 645s on the lots - you may have to spend an afternoon driving to different dealerships - but trust me, its worth it.

We instantly fell in love with MINERAL SILVER - its amazing. Stratus Gray is also very nice. Both colors change hue depeding on the sunlight.

SmoothCruise 08-13-2005 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by credit777
Before I ordered our 650 (due to arrive mid/late October), my wife and I checked out the colors on the BMW website. We discovered you need to drive to the dealership and actually look at the colors - because the website and photos don't really display the colors correctly.

Since there aren't a lot of 645s on the lots - you may have to spend an afternoon driving to different dealerships - but trust me, its worth it.

We instantly fell in love with MINERAL SILVER - its amazing. Stratus Gray is also very nice. Both colors change hue depeding on the sunlight.

Actually, I find most any metallic colors change 'colors' depending on the lighting condition. That's why I always select metallic colored cars.

De_UnKnOwN_1 08-14-2005 07:55 AM

Personally I really like the M6's rims, but thats about as far as I would go..but only because those M6 rims are hot, im not even a fan of rims, but there are a few BMW ones that I am in love with. :D