Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   You see a vandal keying your car. Do you... (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105953)

Dr Greco 07-25-2005 11:37 PM

You see a vandal keying your car. Do you...
 
It happened in Athens, Greece, one hot summer evening of 2003. I parallel-parked my 2003 Honda CRV (my car in Greece) in a busy sea-side district full of caffeterias and chic lounges. I was not 300 feet away from my car when a man approached me to tell me that I should park somewhere else, because cars get vandalized by the owner of the house next to that specific parking spot: "He thinks that's his own spot, although he has no legal right to reserve it, it is on public street". As I begin heading back towards the car to survey the scene, I see this other man running a key along the side of my car, from headlight to taillight. I run towards him, and this stupid folk runs towards his house! I tackle him from behind as he was trying to open his front door....
I am 26 y.o., 6'7" (2.00m), 335lbs (140Kg), played college football and basketball in the U.S. and pro basketball in Greece. He is about 45 y.o, 5'8", 180lbs tops.

Given that I went after him and ended up on top of him (which I should have never done because I broke his clavicle doing so!)......Here is the question?

Would you break the rest of his bones OR have him arrested?

Have in mind that he has vandalized numerous cars.

XtraSmiley 08-07-2005 08:38 AM

Well, I don't know about a country where I'm not sure of the laws, but here in the US, I would have beaten him something silly and when the cops finally showed up say I caught him keying the car and then he tried to fight me.

I know it's a bit of bending the truth, but I'm sure as you hit him, he could try and fight back, right?

I've already got a few scratches on my only 4 week old Z4. One of them from a person on the passenger door. If I saw them do it, I'm not sure I could control myself.

01silber 08-07-2005 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Greco
It happened in Athens, Greece, one hot summer evening of 2003. I parallel-parked my 2003 Honda CRV (my car in Greece) in a busy sea-side district full of caffeterias and chic lounges. I was not 300 feet away from my car when a man approached me to tell me that I should park somewhere else, because cars get vandalized by the owner of the house next to that specific parking spot: "He thinks that's his own spot, although he has no legal right to reserve it, it is on public street". As I begin heading back towards the car to survey the scene, I see this other man running a key along the side of my car, from headlight to taillight. I run towards him, and this stupid folk runs towards his house! I tackle him from behind as he was trying to open his front door....
I am 26 y.o., 6'7" (2.00m), 335lbs (140Kg), played college football and basketball in the U.S. and pro basketball in Greece. He is about 45 y.o, 5'8", 180lbs tops.

Given that I went after him and ended up on top of him (which I should have never done because I broke his clavicle doing so!)......Here is the question?

Would you break the rest of his bones OR have him arrested?

Have in mind that he has vandalized numerous cars.

I would have ripped his teeth out and keyed his back with them

FenPhen 08-07-2005 07:14 PM

If I were built like you, I also would tackle him and scare the crap out of him, and then call the police. Beating up the guy is risky (XtraSmiley raises a good point about local laws), but tackling him would at least shake him up. Go crazy too, like you've lost all sanity and are this close to curb-stomping his face. :)

If you have a buddy with you, it'd be nice if he pretended to hold you back and said stuff like, "No man! No blood tonight, PLEASE! I CAN'T HANDLE YOUR RAGE, MAN!! IT'S TOO MUCH!! THINK OF ALL THE BROKEN FAMILIES YOU'VE CREATED!! WHYYYYYYYY??!?! Why, you stupid bastard, of all the cars you could've keyed, why my homicidal buddy? He's a good guy, I swear!" And then start bawling like he's lost all hope for humanity.

James 08-07-2005 07:37 PM

I think the least you could do is vandalize his house :dunno:. I mean, how stupid can you get? If you are going to vandalize people's cars make sure they don't know where you live.

You could have the Tuesday night Brick through the living room window ritual. First Tuesday of every month :rofl:.

BMW_Brand 08-07-2005 07:43 PM

If you can do it, snap a pic of him in the act. File a report to the police to get his info. File a lawsuit to recover damages for the intentional and unreasonable infliction of mental or emotional distress as result of the damage done to your true love (and also for the money to fix it as well)



... after you're paid, then start the Tuesday-night-Brick-through-the-living-room-window ritual.

jvr826 08-07-2005 08:51 PM

If I was your size, I'd have grabbed him and given him something to think about while he waited for the cops to arrive. "Hit him? He tripped while he was running away from me." :rolleyes:

Dr Greco 08-07-2005 10:59 PM

Interesting responses. All of them flashed through my mind during the 9 seconds of my sprint-and-tackle maneuver (the good guy who was trying to warn me, later confessed that he did not know big guys can ran that fast. :D )

I resisted extracting his teeth one by one because there were already 2 witnesses around.

I did tackle him, though, just like in college, which broke his clavicle as he fell on the ground, and then I sat on his low back (which was hurt, too, since I am a bit on the heavy side), and twisted his arm to immobilize him while waiting for the cops.

We settled out of court. I threatened to gather every neighbour and witness and make him pay for every single scratched car in Athens. He agreed to have my entire car repainted.

katheikia 08-20-2005 08:31 AM

mbravo re ellinara, to kseilo einai oi kaliteri leisei!!! :thumbup:

bimmerguy 08-20-2005 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Greco
Interesting responses. All of them flashed through my mind during the 9 seconds of my sprint-and-tackle maneuver (the good guy who was trying to warn me, later confessed that he did not know big guys can ran that fast. :D )

I resisted extracting his teeth one by one because there were already 2 witnesses around.

I did tackle him, though, just like in college, which broke his clavicle as he fell on the ground, and then I sat on his low back (which was hurt, too, since I am a bit on the heavy side), and twisted his arm to immobilize him while waiting for the cops.

We settled out of court. I threatened to gather every neighbour and witness and make him pay for every single scratched car in Athens. He agreed to have my entire car repainted.


Man, I enjoyed reading that :thumbup:
If it was the US, I bet he would have sued you.....

Alex Baumann 08-20-2005 01:07 PM

You really wouldn't want to hear what I'd do to him/her/it :eeps:

Ballr 08-22-2005 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01silber
I would have ripped his teeth out and keyed his back with them


^ this sounds like a better idea..but i would have used his teeth to make me a necklace afterwards :D

jetstream23 08-25-2005 03:30 PM

Cell phone picture
 
Snap a picture with my cellphone of him, his car, etc. then go to the police !

Dr Greco 08-25-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerguy
Man, I enjoyed reading that :thumbup:
If it was the US, I bet he would have sued you.....

Which is the reason why I am going back to the old country!

Dr Greco 08-25-2005 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katheikia
mbravo re ellinara, to kseilo einai oi kaliteri leisei!!! :thumbup:

Den einai i kalyteri lysi ..........alla eyharisto! Na'sai kala

Maximus57 08-25-2005 08:27 PM

9MM, full clip of black talons, enough said.

aggspball3r 09-04-2005 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus57
9MM, full clip of black talons, enough said.

umm ouch..what are you takin this one to the streets:rofl:

MG67 09-05-2005 07:55 AM

In Greece I would kick his a$$ a bit more... here in the States I would think twice... in Holland I would kick his a$$ too...:thumbup:

Maximus57 09-05-2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggspball3r
umm ouch..what are you takin this one to the streets:rofl:

Naw, Just BS'n, I would never take my firearm outside my home, unless I was going to the shooting range. I would call the police.

cntlaw 09-08-2005 11:18 PM

Few years back, my brand new MR-S got stolen 4 months after laucnh and never recovered. The insurance did not pay in full and usually we don't want to get the same car again because of 'bad luck'. So the loss is not just a car but it is a big waste of our time on all those time and energy for making buying decisions, delivery waiting, registration, break-in. I would shoot anyone touches my cars if I have that power to do any possible things outlaw.

CaliAgents1688 10-03-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01silber
I would have ripped his teeth out and keyed his back with them


hahhah, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!!!!!!!!!!! I woulda busted out mah strap and pumped that mark ass busta full o' slugs, ya dig?! We don't play out here in Killafonia... that's on the real.
http://members.roadfly.org/CaliAgent...aklandtown.jpg

e90fanatic 10-09-2005 07:52 AM

if i catch the guy...i'll break his leg and arms. That gotta stop him from keying other cars and mine

Just Bryce 10-09-2005 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
;)

kybriggs82 10-12-2005 01:10 PM

Found a guy inside a car crusher one day and he still had the car key in his hand..Maybe it's the same guy your talking about today !! I do not avocate violence but what goes around comes around and if the keyee doesn't call me for a report or help then I guess there's no foul..

Juker008 10-14-2005 03:25 PM

Na ton gyamises so xilo

Frankly I would wait for him to get out of the hospital and break it again. That is total BS to hear that coming from Elinas.

Were any charges filed, were police notified?





Favyeros


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms