Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 M3 (2001-2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Alpine White/Black M3 has arrived! (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109475)

Kurt Martin 08-27-2005 08:16 PM

Alpine White/Black M3 has arrived!

They haven't even unwrapped my car yet! I have to wait until Monday to actually pick up the car because I am having the cleararmor kit installed. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait until then :cry:

I like the Eucalyptus Malt Wood Trim. The matte finish is really nice, and I think it breaks up the solid black interior somewhat.

I'll try to get some nice close ups of the wood trim when I get the car home. Only two more days now :D
Kurt
http://slotcar.net/m3/147-4780_1024_IMG.jpg
http://slotcar.net/m3/147-4783_1024_IMG.jpg

LMC 08-27-2005 10:22 PM

Congratulations! :thumbup:

Mine is just days away; may have arrived at VPC together. :beerchug:

Jon Shafer 08-27-2005 11:10 PM

She's a beauty Kurt. Congrats!!

:thumbup:

16hr Day 08-27-2005 11:19 PM

Very nice. I am waiting for more interior shots of the trim. Other than that and the SMG it looks like mine! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Frank Rizzo 08-28-2005 11:39 AM

Cool. I'd like to see more of the wood tim also. I did not even know it was available.

That looks like to roof of Century West BMW? Maybe too far away from you?

Cliff 08-28-2005 11:44 AM

Wow, guy finally gets a job and goes nuts buying cars :p Congrats, Kurt. :thumbup:

Kurt Martin 08-28-2005 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff3
Wow, guy finally gets a job and goes nuts buying cars :p Congrats, Kurt. :thumbup:

Well, technically I only went nuts buying one car :p

I've lusted after the E46 M3 ever since about 1999 when I first saw that chrome looking concept car in the magazines. Then when it was finally available in 2001, I wasn't willing to pay the premium over MSRP. Later, as you alluded, I had job deficiencies that prevented me from getting an M3.

Now, I'm finally getting the M3 I have wanted for 6 years. It's going to be a blast :D

Kurt
http://slotcar.net/m3/147-4778_1024_IMG.jpg

Kurt Martin 08-28-2005 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo
Cool. I'd like to see more of the wood tim also. I did not even know it was available.

That looks like to roof of Century West BMW? Maybe too far away from you?

It's the roof of Steven's Creek BMW in San Jose.
http://slotcar.net/m3/147-4775_1024_IMG.jpg

I didn't know this wood was available either, until I saw it on the computer screen when I went to the dealer to give them a deposit. It's a $700 option.

I couldn't get any good angles since the car was out in the blazing sun, and I'm not a crackerjack photog like Cliff :rofl: but here's one more pic of the wood anyway.
http://slotcar.net/m3/147-4784_1024_IMG.jpg

Keith 08-29-2005 07:34 PM

Damn nice car there Curt 'ol buddy! :thumbup:

Now will you be driving THAT beaut to Oregon???? :dunno:

Since you'll miss the coupe on that drive, would you like for me to drive IT up there?? :D

16hr Day 08-29-2005 10:52 PM

I love the wood. I would have liked that option over the titan black. Not crazy about my black on black, but liked it better than the aluminum

Kurt Martin 08-30-2005 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith
Damn nice car there Curt 'ol buddy! :thumbup:

Now will you be driving THAT beaut to Oregon???? :dunno:

Since you'll miss the coupe on that drive, would you like for me to drive IT up there?? :D

Oh yeah, I'll be taking the M3! :thumbup:
What's that, you want to drive the M coupe? Sure, whatever :dunno: I'm too distracted by the new M3 to notice what's going on right now. What's that you say? They're doing burnouts in the parking lot with my coupe? Don't bother me, I'm trying to get used to this new SMG thingie :rofl:

LMC 08-30-2005 10:14 AM

Kurt: If you haven't picked up the car yet...DO NOT PICK UP THE CAR!

Rumor on Toadfly: BMW CCA members (in good standing for at least a year) can get $2,000 cash back in additiion to the 'normal' $500 rebate for deliveries on 2005 M3s taken on/after 9/1.

While this may be some kind of practical joke, might be worth it to hold on for a day or two.

Kurt Martin 08-30-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
Kurt: If you haven't picked up the car yet...DO NOT PICK UP THE CAR!

Rumor on Toadfly: BMW CCA members (in good standing for at least a year) can get $2,000 cash back in additiion to the 'normal' $500 rebate for deliveries on 2005 M3s taken on/after 9/1.

While this may be some kind of practical joke, might be worth it to hold on for a day or two.

That better be a rumour, because I already picked up my car, and if I miss out on an extra $2000, I'm gonna be :mad:

LMC 08-30-2005 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Martin
That better be a rumour, because I already picked up my car, and if I miss out on an extra $2000, I'm gonna be :mad:

I hear ya...

I've looked at the BMW USA and BMW CCA web sites and there's nothing.

I've got a call in to the BMW CCA national office and they indicate there is something afoot...details to follow when available.

Kurt Martin 08-30-2005 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
I hear ya...and the source of my info is:

http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums...9666975-2.html

I've looked at the BMW USA and BMW CCA web sites and there's nothing.

I clicked on that link, and got a "message does not exist" screen.

Has big brother already clamped down? ;)

Kurt

LMC 08-30-2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

I clicked on that link, and got a "message does not exist" screen.

Has big brother already clamped down? ;)

Kurt

Check your PM.

LMC 08-30-2005 11:30 AM

scottn2retro 08-30-2005 10:24 PM

Congrats!

Looks like it needs some 19s (that I can make you a deal on :D )

Frank Rizzo 08-30-2005 10:26 PM

K:

I'm wondering ... why 18"s? In my advanced age, I think 18's are enough, but I wonder what others think. I think the 19's might be too harsh for everyday.

I'm really agonizing over a C55 vs. M3 SMG

Kurt Martin 08-30-2005 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo
K:

I'm wondering ... why 18"s? In my advanced age, I think 18's are enough, but I wonder what others think. I think the 19's might be too harsh for everyday.

I'm really agonizing over a C55 vs. M3 SMG

Are you asking me? :dunno:

The question should rightly be: why 19's? The 18 is standard, the 19 is an option. So I would need a specific reason to move to the 19. I guess I just never thought of a reason to change from the 18's. I'm age advanced (like you :D) so 19's might be too harsh for everyday use.

We'll see. Maybe Scott is going to make me a deal I can't refuse :rofl:

Kurt

Moderato 08-30-2005 11:11 PM

Wow! You got the wood trim in an M3? That's very brave of you, wood trim doesn't seem to be too popular around here. Personally, I love it. I got the wood trim in my 330i with Natural Brown and I think it looks great. In the M3 I have the titan shadow trim which isn't that popular around here either, but I think it looks great especially with the Cinnamon interior, I couldn't be happier. Good luck with the car, the OEM 18's look good as well, they seem to be more rare then the 19's. :beerchug:

LMC 08-31-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderato
Wow! You got the wood trim in an M3? That's very brave of you, wood trim doesn't seem to be too popular around here. Personally, I love it. :

I like that matte finish on the eucalyptus, although I confess I'm not too crazy about the color. I've been thinking about the anthracite birch but it is too expensive. I've also though a bit about myrtle wood; I like the color but myrtle's got the high-gloss mirror finish.

scottn2retro 08-31-2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

We'll see. Maybe Scott is going to make me a deal I can't refuse :rofl:

Kurt

For you, I definitely would make a nice deal. :thumbup:

McMannusBMW 09-01-2005 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderato
Wow! You got the wood trim in an M3? That's very brave of you, wood trim doesn't seem to be too popular around here. Personally, I love it. I got the wood trim in my 330i with Natural Brown and I think it looks great. In the M3 I have the titan shadow trim which isn't that popular around here either, but I think it looks great especially with the Cinnamon interior, I couldn't be happier. Good luck with the car, the OEM 18's look good as well, they seem to be more rare then the 19's. :beerchug:

Sorry if i'm a little late catching this Moderato, but when did you buy an M3?? I remembered you were trying to find one and waiting to buy it, but I didnt' realize you pulled the trigger and got one. Anyways, congrats :thumbup: :bigpimp:

Moderato 09-01-2005 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMannusBMW
Sorry if i'm a little late catching this Moderato, but when did you buy an M3?? I remembered you were trying to find one and waiting to buy it, but I didnt' realize you pulled the trigger and got one. Anyways, congrats :thumbup: :bigpimp:

I got my M3 about a week ago via lease transfer from "RChoudry," who is a member on this board. I actually haven't even driven it for a week since I reached 1200 miles on the ride home. I'm bringing it for the 1200 miles service this morning and after that I can finally start driving it daily. I'm planning to post some pictures soon. The only choice now is 1) sell the 330i and payoff the M3, 2) keep the 330i and just make the lease payments on the M3. :thumbup: