Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 M3 (2001-2006) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Sterling Gray/Imola Red coupe (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109812)

LMC 08-30-2005 09:01 PM

Sterling Gray/Imola Red coupe

1 Attachment(s)
Mine has arrived at the dealer. :D

One quick pic. I'll take delivery on Thursday -- see a separate thread on BMW CCA incentive for the reason why... :yikes:

scottn2retro 08-30-2005 09:18 PM

Congrats - should be a nice looking combo. :thumbup:

IndyMike 08-31-2005 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
Mine has arrived at the dealer. :D

One quick pic. I'll take delivery on Thursday -- see a separate thread on BMW CCA incentive for the reason why... :yikes:

Well, it's really hard to tell in that pic whether it is really Sterling Gray or Silver Gray. Besides, according to B'Fest protocol it cannot be confirmed until you provide a pic of the 'Individual' decal on the shock tower and another of the obligatory sh*t eating grin on the owners mug.

:D

I hope it isn't raining tonight as you camp out in your sleeping bag in front of the entrance door to the dealership waiting for them to open Thursday morning, as if you were waiting to buy tickets to the Rolling Stones concert. If you do make sure you bring a llama or two with you to help keep warm in case it's chillier than usual. :)

And if it's true and there really is extra trunk money from CCA do I hear 'aftermarket full leather', or 'Anthracite birch trim' roaring around in your head? :eeps:

LMC 08-31-2005 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyMike
And if it's true and there really is extra trunk money from CCA do I hear 'aftermarket full leather', or 'Anthracite birch trim' roaring around in your head? :eeps:

Well, there is this little red guy with horns on my shoulder who keeps yelling in my ear, but I'm trying to ignore him... I may just stand pat.

Is your order in?

IndyMike 08-31-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
Well, there is this little red guy with horns on my shoulder who keeps yelling in my ear, but I'm trying to ignore him... I may just stand pat.

Yeah, I'm hip. Besides, what with the price of premium benzine hovering around $3 per gallon, $2.5k reckoning you put 8 - 10k miles on it a year and you average 20mpg that should pay for a couple of years worth of go-go juice for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
Is your order in?

Unforunately, not yet. Can't get NA to give us an allocation. Must be all of those years of Bangle-bashing comments catching up to me. If so, hey NA, I was only kidding. It now only takes a half ounce of crack for me to start thinking your designs are tolerable, whereas before it took a full ounce. So lighten up, eh? As anyone can see considerable progress is being made here.

LMC 09-01-2005 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm special (sonder) :D

BMW says so :bigpimp:

Edit: Uh, wait a minute... BMW SONDERLACKIERUNG...
does that mean that BMWs lack something special? :eeps:

LMC 09-01-2005 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of these cars -- which basically have the same styling for their front bumpers -- apparently needs a lot more air than the other...

Could it be.....? Horsepower? (evil laugh) :angel:

IndyMike 09-02-2005 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
I'm special (sonder) :D

BMW says so :bigpimp:

Edit: Uh, wait a minute... BMW SONDERLACKIERUNG...
does that mean that BMWs lack something special? :eeps:

Okay, now it looks official. Welcome to an exclusive club that I hope to join one day myself. :thumbup:

Yes, Sonderlackierung means 'special paint' and it's reputed to provide the car with amazing stealth characteristics against all speed detection equipment. Take it down the highway when you can at triple digits to test this theory out. :angel:

LMC 09-02-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyMike
Yes, Sonderlackierung means 'special paint' and it's reputed to provide the car with amazing stealth characteristics against all speed detection equipment. Take it down the highway when you can at triple digits to test this theory out.

Ah, sorta like the special coatings on stealth aircraft -- cool, got it now, IndyMike! :thumbup:

I can see it now.... the week-old Sterlingmobile pulled over by an Oregon State Police trooper who has just called for backup because this nutjob motorist keeps insisting that he "definitely could NOT have been doing 95 in a 55.... how did you get that reading on your radar? That's impossible. Listen, call this guy I know in Indiannapolis and he'll explain...No, really, look at this sticker under my hood."