Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   M6 vs. DB9 (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111826)

BmW745On19's 09-16-2005 08:04 PM

M6 vs. DB9

My dad is gonna get either a DB9 or a new M6. What is your take, which one is better? Being a purebred BMW man I am, i'll take the M6 but the DB9 is so great looking. Any opinions would be appriciated.

SmoothCruise 09-16-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmW745On19's
My dad is gonna get either a DB9 or a new M6. What is your take, which one is better? Being a purebred BMW man I am, i'll take the M6 but the DB9 is so great looking. Any opinions would be appriciated.

Well, the M6 is faster by 0.3 seconds to 100kmh. I'm surprised by the fact that Aston Martin has a V-12 motor, more displacement, yet it's HP and torque is only slightly better than an M6. Hopefully the Aston makes it up in handling.

I'd go with the M6, if I want better performance.

I'd go with the Aston Martin if I want something unique. I haven't seen many Aston Martin's, but I have seen plenty of M's.

Since you are in this ballpark, why don't you suggest to your dad getting something really fun and cool:

http://www.tuningnews.net/news/05091...amg-cabrio.php

Looks a bit cheesy their with that rear spoiler, otherwise I like the car.

BmW745On19's 09-16-2005 08:39 PM

Yeah, I think the car looks cheesy too. I dont like the rear spoiler either, looks like some people in the projects slapped that thing on. Plus its a cab, the clk-dtm coupe looks neat though. On ebay everyone and their brother are selling used aston db9's like its going outta style but I have yet to see one in person. Lets just wait until may when the M6's come out and see how many people will have one.

Alex Baumann 09-17-2005 03:14 AM

That's a no brainer. DB9.

It's the best looking piece of car on the road today. And it has much better quality interior.

BmW745On19's 09-17-2005 03:38 PM

Well, this matter, as with many, is a matter of opinion. These cars seem to be equally matched in desirability, performance, price, and styling. Top-Gear like the Aston DB-9 but haven't tested the M6 yet. It's kinda hard to compare a car that hasn't been released to the masses yet to a car that has. Still waiting for May 2006....... :mad:

SmoothCruise 09-17-2005 05:58 PM

I forgot about another alternative.

Since your dad is looking at the M6 and the DB9, he might want to consider the Audi RS9. It hasn't come out yet, but it will in a few years.

The RS9 will be considerably faster than either car and since it's a mid engine all-wheel-drive car, it will handle a whole lot better than either car. It has futuristic looks and the price is roughly the same. I think your dad should seriously consider this car.

BmW745On19's 09-17-2005 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothCruise
I forgot about another alternative.

Since your dad is looking at the M6 and the DB9, he might want to consider the Audi RS9. It hasn't come out yet, but it will in a few years.

The RS9 will be considerably faster than either car and since it's a mid engine all-wheel-drive car, it will handle a whole lot better than either car. It has futuristic looks and the price is roughly the same. I think your dad should seriously consider this car.

I'll tell him about it but i'm sure he wants something fairly soon and not in like 2+ years. But good suggestion, i'll check it out.

SmoothCruise 09-18-2005 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmW745On19's
I'll tell him about it but i'm sure he wants something fairly soon and not in like 2+ years. But good suggestion, i'll check it out.

Yeah, www.tuningnews.net use to have a nice informational page on it. They took it off. I don't know why, but what I read is that Audi has been very tight lipped about giving out any details of the car. I'm wondering if they requested the site to take the information off.

Anyways, you can do a google image search on it "audi rs9" and you'll find a couple of pictures of it. I've seen a ton more of them, but they all but disappeared. Anyways, the only stat I remember was something like 0-60 in 4.0 seconds, about 0.6 seconds faster than the M6, and same price (roughly.)

GRAHD3 09-28-2005 07:56 PM

The DB9 is an excellent choice. I drove my brother's DB9 shortly after delivery. Enough power to create all the thrills you want, yet mild mannered enough for daily driving. It performed especially well on our rough undulating Pennsylvannia back roads. I like the looks of the M6, but the style of the DB9 is awesome. Recommend the upgraded sound system; the stock system lacks the base punch.

.... And, if pure performance, power and handling are key, look at something else.