Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   3 Series / 4 Series (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   09/06 build date (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11306)

oldzguy 08-28-2002 04:00 PM

09/06 build date

For those of you who have 09/06 build dates, BMW appears to be a week early. According to BMWNA, I was at status 150 early Monday, then later in the day, I was 151. Today, I am at status 152, in the paint shop.:bigpimp:

Weaselboy 08-28-2002 06:43 PM

I have a production date 9/6 also (330i). I just called today and I am status 150 (production started). Woohoo :p

The BMWNA guy on the phone said 9/6 is the date production should be completed.

Call 1.800.831.1117 x3 and give them your production number for status.

ruteger 08-28-2002 06:46 PM

Thanks, oldzguy.

I went 150 status as of Monday, 26 Aug 02, also.

I called last week and was told that with a 09/06 build date, status wouldn't be upgraded from 112 until September at the earliest.

Because I had heard that MY02 was going to end August 30, and MY 03 was going to begin Sept 02, I didn't question it.

It's curious that two cars went 150 on Monday, yet while one is already 152 (paint shop), mine remains at 150. Maybe they started yours first thing in the morning, and mine was one of the last of the day.

I'm also wondering which model year is actually being built, now.

rbright 08-29-2002 08:52 AM

My 330 Ci had an original production date of 09/20, but on Tuesday they moved it up to 09/06.

I do not know why they moved it up 2 weeks, could it be that they are building the Coupes first since there are fewer changes in the '03 model than there are in the Sedans?

If they '03s are started until September, how can so many of you already have 150-152 status on Aug. 26? Are you guys waiting for an '02 model? Sedan or Coupe? Certain colors?

Thanks for the phone number, I will call to check on mine today.

GimpyMcFarlan 08-29-2002 09:15 AM

Re: 09/06 build date

Quote:

Originally posted by oldzguy
For those of you who have 09/06 build dates, BMW appears to be a week early. According to BMWNA, I was at status 150 early Monday, then later in the day, I was 151. Today, I am at status 152, in the paint shop.:bigpimp:
Consider yourself luck my friend! As of Friday 9/23 my 330Ci was 112 for 9/6 production but on Monday it went to 112 for 9/13 production. I just called BMW NA and it has not moved yet. :(

CD-55 08-29-2002 09:21 AM

My 330i moved from 9/20 to 9/13!

I called BMWNA today and it is still status 112 and sloted for 9/13

oldzguy 08-29-2002 10:20 AM

rbright,

A little more info on my car, it's an 03 330 coupe in Saphire Black.
I am going to call later today to check my status, I'm trying to avoid driving the BMWNA guy nuts, although, he has been great about answering my questions. But, otoh, 40k should buy a little customer service. What cars are you guys waiting for and does anyone know how long the wait is from the start of production to delivery in Houston?

rbright 08-29-2002 10:31 AM

I just got off the phone with BMWNA. They confirmed that my production date was moved up to 9/6 and that body shop work started 2 days ago.

My status has been changed to 150 and should be 151 shortly.

I asked why I was moved up 2 weeks, and of course no one knows. It is great. The sad part is that I have scheduled delivery at Spartanburg and the earliest that I can have a delivery appointment is October 29, even if the car now comes in 2 weeks sooner. I guess it will sit there for 2 weeks, waiting to be taken to its new home.

'03 330Ci....come home to me baby.

CD-55 08-29-2002 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rbright
snip.

'03 330Ci....come home to me baby.

Wouldn't that suck if you get and 8/29 made 2002 vs. a 9/6 2003!

rbright 08-29-2002 10:45 AM

Well, no chance of that since I ordered a 2003 and the production certainly won't finish by tomorrow since I am still 150. They still need to add a lot of goodies and paint everything a cool Orient Blue, and add those extra groovy natual brown seats.

I can't wait to see it. I ordered it less than 2 weeks ago and never got that excited until now when I see they are really making it....just for me.

anyone else ordering OB and NB?

Anyone else taking delivery at the performance center in October?

Zaphod 08-29-2002 01:00 PM

Quote:

Well, no chance of that since I ordered a 2003 and the production certainly won't finish by tomorrow since I am still 150. They still need to add a lot of goodies and paint everything a cool Orient Blue, and add those extra groovy natual brown seats.

I can't wait to see it. I ordered it less than 2 weeks ago and never got that excited until now when I see they are really making it....just for me.

anyone else ordering OB and NB?

I picked up my O-blue/Nat Brown 325i a couple of weeks ago. You will not be disappointed. It is a beautiful combination that pictures do not do justice. It's a fairly unique combination. I've only seen one other and that was a touring.

The wait isn't bad when you can see progress. It's when the car is built and waiting for the ship then on the water that makes you crazy.

GimpyMcFarlan 08-29-2002 04:32 PM

Quote:

I have a Red / NB 330Ci on order and I plan to take delivery at the PC. I'm discouraged to hear that October dates for PC deliver are almost gone. :( I hope the weather in SC is OK in November. :eeps;

Fingaz 08-29-2002 05:33 PM

I ordered a 2003 330Cic first week of August and was given a 9/20 production date. I called BMW today in hopes that my production date has moved up, but it is sitting at 112, still scheduled for 9/20 production (week 38).:cry:

ruteger 08-30-2002 09:19 AM

Prod date: 09/06/02 (Week 36)

111 - 07/29/02
112 - 08/10/02
150 - 08/26/02
151 - 08/30/02

CD-55 08-30-2002 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ruteger
Prod date: 09/06/02 (Week 36)

111 - 07/29/02
112 - 08/10/02
150 - 08/26/02
151 - 08/30/02

Thanks for the stats! I should be a week behind you. I will check Tuesday to see if I am 150 by then.

ruteger 08-30-2002 10:37 AM

Quote:

is there really a month difference between status 111 and 150?
If the production date of a vehicle is more than a month away from the date 111 status was assigned, the answer to your question would likely be, "Yes."

This was the case with me, anyway, and, from what I've seen, seems to be the general situation (atleast at this time of the new MY).

GeoMystic 08-30-2002 12:32 PM

Status 150

I just called and was told that production started yesterday, the 29th and I'm at 150 right now. My car should be completed on the 13th of Sept. She also told me it will be on the boat for 15-16 days. My dealer said I'm a week 37 car.The wait begins once again:banghead:

doctorD 08-30-2002 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GimpyMcFarlan

I have a Red / NB 330Ci on order and I plan to take delivery at the PC. I'm discouraged to hear that October dates for PC deliver are almost gone. :( I hope the weather in SC is OK in November. :eeps;

PC delivery on October 17th!! Production date of 9/06. Anyone else going to be there that day?

oldzguy 09-01-2002 05:21 PM

Status update

Went to status 155(production complete) on Friday, will check on Tuesday when I get back to Houston. Will post status then. There is a ship leaving Germany on Tuesday the 3rd, but I doubt if my car makes that one. I hope it makes the ship on the 9th or 10th, both due into South Carolina on the 25th. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the car on a ship once production is complete? Is it unrealistic to think I might get on a ship that soon?:dunno:

bmwguynj 09-02-2002 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shifty
how accurate is owners circle
for example the "review order detail"
its says my estimated production date is 10/11/2002
which means that i wont be getting my car til november sometime.
i ordered this car 8/05/2002
how can this be? was my salesman lazy and not swap productions spots with another dealer and just put me on the next allocation?
or is this not accurate at all?
can anyone answer this question?

Shifty, I put in my order for my 2003 330i on 8/23/02 and my salesman was on the phone with me checking the allocations on his computer. He fit me into a 9/13/02 production date and that is the date production is supposed to be complete. Therefore delivery of the vehicle is due in mid October.

I believe since you ordered much earlier than me, that you would have the same or an even better date then mine. Is yours being built in Germany or South Africa (that could possibly be a difference)?

To answer your other question, the owner's circle is still reliable, although may not update as quickly as calling BMW customer service.

pmb1010 09-02-2002 07:22 PM

I think it depends on the vehicle ordered..

you ordered 325i, and the line for that vehicle is long. maybe the 330 orders run down different assembly line maybe that line is shorter, I dunno...

GimpyMcFarlan 09-02-2002 07:34 PM

Quote:

how accurate is owners circle
for example the "review order detail"
its says my estimated production date is 10/11/2002
which means that i wont be getting my car til november sometime.
i ordered this car 8/05/2002
how can this be? was my salesman lazy and not swap productions spots with another dealer and just put me on the next allocation?
or is this not accurate at all?
can anyone answer this question?

The owners circle is a few days behind what BMW NA can give you over the phone. Your production date is not controlled by your order date. The production date depends on when your dealership has a car available in their allocation queue. It sounds like other customers came in before you did, so they grabbed the September cars that were allocated to your dealer. (Only your salesman can tell you for sure.) I've never heard of a dealer swapping allocations before the car is ever produced. Now they do swap cars that are either already built or are in transit.

The production date could move up since your name is attached to the car now. Mine went up a week when I placed mine on order. :thumbup: But now it is back to the original production date. :thumbdown:

oldzguy 09-02-2002 08:37 PM

The BMW website is next to worthless, the limited information available there is over a week old. Call BMWNA for current info. BMW should figure out a way to link the web info into the system the operators at BMWNA use. For BMW to bragg about an online tracking system is so bogus!

bmwguynj 09-02-2002 08:39 PM

Quote:

ordered a 325ci and the guy says its suppy and demand and that theres very little slots for it. he mentioned about swapping slots with another dealer.
three weeks later i emailed him about the prod number and he finally called me and gave me a number. i think he was slacking in those three weeks instead of finding my slot.
i'll call up bmwna tomorrow when its open to find out if the prod date is accurate. if it is then i will have to go through the whole process of finding another dealer that might possibly have a sept build/oct delivery and cancel with these ppl.
i didnt even get the best price from this dealer but i thought they will give me better service. i guess i was wrong.
if i cant find another dealer, i will ask the salesman if he can give me a loaner from mid oct til whenever the car arrives. does that sound reasonable to ask for?

so tempted to cancel and get a 350z:banghead:

I think the key is that he should have given you the production number a couple of days if not the next day after you signed the deal. My salesperson gave it to me the next day. I believe a production number is issued when the allocation slot is filled. I am not sure of the many factors involved in reserving a slot, but it shouldn't take more than a couple of days.

Do you think they treat the 5 or 7 series owners this way? I don't think so.

By the way, the 350Z is nice, but that is going to be an even longer wait for you. I also hear that there are no deals on this car at this time, since it is so hot. MSRP or more.

rbright 09-02-2002 09:00 PM

Your production date issue has nothing to do with BMWNA or AG, or the owners circle performance.

It was your dealer who screwed you. I walked out of the dealership with my production number and scheduled production date (which was subsequently moved up 2 weeks to 9/6).

Regardless of when you placed the order, even if you placed it last May, if your dealer did not have a production allocation until October, or if he was lazy and did not put you into a slot until an October one, then your car will not come any sooner than someone who placed their order last week.

I went specifically to a dealer who could get me the earliest production slot, if one had fill their September slots, I went to another. Of course, I have at least 6 dealerships nearby so that helps.

You should complain only to your dealer, not to BMW.