Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Car seat that would fit the rear seat (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116174)

IFly650i 10-21-2005 12:36 PM

Car seat that would fit the rear seat
 
I'm looking for a car seat that would fit the back of my future 650i. I have a 3-yr old that loves to go wherever I go and I don't want him to miss out the fun when I get my 650i. I am currently using the Britax Advantage and it's a little too big for the rear seat (the base wouldn't fit or lay flat because of the shape of the seat).

Does anyone know what car seat can be fitted and if you are using one, would you recommend it?

Thanks guys!

chuck92103 10-21-2005 01:42 PM

I was surprised at how small the back seat is in a 6 series. Seems to be less comfy than a 3 series convertible.

At any rate, I heard BMW makes a child seat for the front passenger seat that plugs into the car and disabled the airbag, or at least changes the way the airbag deploys.

I will find the link for you, the seat may go in the back seat as well.

chuck92103 10-21-2005 02:02 PM

here is the link, search this site for "child seat"

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ght=child+seat

SmoothCruise 10-21-2005 02:31 PM

In my state, it's the law to put the baby seat in the rear. I guess that's not the case in Florida?

Anyways, my sister was able to fit a baby seat back in the back of my 6er. I don't remember the brand but I can get that from her.

IFly650i 10-21-2005 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothCruise
In my state, it's the law to put the baby seat in the rear. I guess that's not the case in Florida?

Anyways, my sister was able to fit a baby seat back in the back of my 6er. I don't remember the brand but I can get that from her.

Florida also requires that the child be secured in the back seat as well.
I'd appreciate very much if you could find out what brand your sister uses, SmoothCruise. Thank you.

cobradav 10-21-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IFly650i
I'm looking for a car seat that would fit the back of my future 650i. I have a 3-yr old that loves to go wherever I go and I don't want him to miss out the fun when I get my 650i. I am currently using the Britax Advantage and it's a little too big for the rear seat (the base wouldn't fit or lay flat because of the shape of the seat).

Does anyone know what car seat can be fitted and if you are using one, would you recommend it?

Thanks guys!

Look here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do...0050300&arch=0

About 2-3 in parts list including ISOFIX type. Youngest is 32 so have not been into these for some time.

Timebomb 12-01-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IFly650i (Post 1379890)
I'm looking for a car seat that would fit the back of my future 650i. I have a 3-yr old that loves to go wherever I go and I don't want him to miss out the fun when I get my 650i. I am currently using the Britax Advantage and it's a little too big for the rear seat (the base wouldn't fit or lay flat because of the shape of the seat).

Does anyone know what car seat can be fitted and if you are using one, would you recommend it?

Thanks guys!

I have a large car seat and at first I put it behind the passenger seat but wasn't much room for the wife. The best way is to put it in the middle. Both the driver and passenger will not have as much room without it but it's not bad considering I'm 6'-1".

Cectra 12-05-2012 11:30 AM

Britax Boulvard fits but I prefer a booster seat anyway. At 3 your son is probably big enough for it. Booster won't mess up the leather of the seat either. We made a mistake and installed the Bouldvard without a pad for a few days. Whatever you get, a protective pad is highly recommended as the seat are more concave than a regular car so the pressure of the seat into the leather is much stronger.

Cectra 12-05-2012 11:31 AM

LOL Just noticed that the original post was from 2005!!! I guess they figured it out by now!

Timebomb 12-05-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cectra (Post 7232641)
LOL Just noticed that the original post was from 2005!!! I guess they figured it out by now!

Lol I did the same thing


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms