Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   The new 7er :) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121046)

gerchy 11-28-2005 02:39 AM

The new 7er :)
 
Finally! :D

http://freeweb.siol.net/caposiol/7er_2008.jpg

http://media.autobild.de/bild/8/7c8f...579eadc8_1.jpg

http://media.autobild.de/bild/D/3b30...ef8d38cd_1.jpg

LMC 11-28-2005 10:45 AM

Photoshopped pics years before the car's introduction may be of low validity -- and I doubt I would ever want a 7er -- but if this is an indication of the future of BMW styling, I feel a little better. I'm one of those who is disappointed with the direction of BMW design, but this doesn't look too bad to me, other than the 21" wheels...

jkb 11-28-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
Photoshopped pics years before the car's introduction may be of low validity

true, very very true! this looks like a big 3er

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
-- and I doubt I would ever want a 7er

oh c'mon - buy it and drive it for bit before you knock it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMC
but if this is an indication of the future of BMW styling, I feel a little better. I'm one of those who is disappointed with the direction of BMW design, but this doesn't look too bad to me, other than the 21" wheels...

whats wrong with 21" wheels? i myself got style 32 20" and i dont think it looks bling or tasteless:

http://photos.jkb.org/v/cars/750/
http://photos.jkb.org/v/cars/750i_2/

Malibubimmer 11-28-2005 12:45 PM

The photos of the alleged new 7er appear to make it look a lot like the new Mercedes S class, but a little sleeker.

As for the wheels, what happens when you put on larger wheels and tires? Do they affect (1) suspension and road feel, (2) body clearance, (3) odometer and nav readings, (4) turning radius and/or (5) steering?

There are some really nice BMW wheels at 20 inches (the thick 5 spoke wheels and also some M-series look-a-likes), and I suspect that going up from 19 to 20 inches would not be that big of a deal, but I would be leery of going any bigger. What are the experiences of those who have increased wheel size by at least 2 inches?

Southern6er 11-28-2005 12:50 PM

If that is indeed a new 7, then I think my wife will be wanting a new 7 to go along with my 6. :D

jkb 11-28-2005 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibubimmer
The photos of the alleged new 7er appear to make it look a lot like the new Mercedes S class, but a little sleeker.

As for the wheels, what happens when you put on larger wheels and tires? Do they affect (1) suspension and road feel,

a little firmer, since you are loosing an inch of air to ride out small road bumps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibubimmer
(2) body clearance,

no changes (maybe a few mm at most)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibubimmer
(3) odometer and nav readings,

well, nav is confused because it think you are going backwards. hehe, just kidding. why would nav possible care about your wheel size? LOL :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibubimmer
(4) turning radius and/or (5) steering?

reall nothing except for road feel changes. handling is a little better IMHO since i went from 19 to 20 (i also got high performance pirelli). you want to keep this handy:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms