Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Another speeding tickt.. Is it the BMW ?? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130526)

daoushy 02-01-2006 03:48 PM

Another speeding tickt.. Is it the BMW ??

62 on 45 :eek:

A 3 lane road.. Speed limit drops from 50 to 45.. The road is crowded and all the cars are going the same speed.. including me..

I'm even following a CHP car.. And a motorcycle cop pulls me over.. says I'm way above the limit and that I was even gaining on the police car in front of me...

WTF... every other car on the road was going my speed.. I was not even in the fast lane...
Is it just because I'm in a BMW !!!! :mad: :mad:

x3Bruin 02-01-2006 03:54 PM

Are you trying to break some kind of record?

daoushy 02-01-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3Bruin

No its just my dumb luck :bawling:

bigudibmw 02-01-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x3Bruin

:rofl:

PokerFace 02-01-2006 04:02 PM

Try this http://www.valentine1.com ..the directions on how to hard wire it are in another post. It's saved me a bunch of times already...

x3Bruin 02-01-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daoushy

Thats too bad...sorry man..

M3Mad 02-01-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokerFace
Try this http://www.valentine1.com ..the directions on how to hard wire it are in another post. It's saved me a bunch of times already...

A Valentine's not going to help when you are following a police car, though - you really should already be alerted to police presence by that point. ;)

kobechrome 02-01-2006 05:01 PM

I got 2 tickets within the first 30 days I had my first 2001 325i. Then I became hawk-like in my scanning of the road. Only busted once since (it was a photo ticket).

I think the car does attract a little more pig attention but there are plenty of nicer faster cars out on the road than the 3 series.

AComp 02-01-2006 07:13 PM

This thread is making me paranoid. :eek:

I've had some bad luck in the past - and that's driving a damn Jeep Cherokee!:tsk:

Imtheweezel 02-01-2006 07:40 PM

Sorry dude....you are really SOL

Lanc3r 02-01-2006 08:04 PM

You got pulled over for speeding again. Its not the car its you. :rolleyes:

you were 17 mph over the limit! Here in Wa at 20 over it turns into a reckless. Maybe a slower car is in order if you cant control yourself. Some of the antique cars I am allowed to drive take a great deal of effort and concentration just to do the speed limit if that.

wwb4 02-01-2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

62 on 45 :eek:

A 3 lane road.. Speed limit drops from 50 to 45.. The road is crowded and all the cars are going the same speed.. including me..

I'm even following a CHP car.. And a motorcycle cop pulls me over.. says I'm way above the limit and that I was even gaining on the police car in front of me...

WTF... every other car on the road was going my speed.. I was not even in the fast lane...
Is it just because I'm in a BMW !!!! :mad: :mad:

Man....you've had some horrible luck, huh? Sorry to hear about your luck.

daoushy 02-01-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterlance
You got pulled over for speeding again. Its not the car its you. :rolleyes:

you were 17 mph over the limit! Here in Wa at 20 over it turns into a reckless. Maybe a slower car is in order if you cant control yourself. Some of the antique cars I am allowed to drive take a great deal of effort and concentration just to do the speed limit if that.

In CA I believe its when you are 25MPH over the limit... and its not me when I'm going with the flow.. When I go faster than everyone I do admit it, at least on the 'Fest

AzNMpower32 02-01-2006 08:46 PM

I wish for a nice radar detector and plan to save up for one, but $200-400 just isnt in my budget now. So I do it the old-fashioned way: pick the roads with no cops to speed on, then take it easy when there's lotsa traffic. It's more fun when you're alone anyway cuz you dont have to worry about slower traffic as much.

I know I cant afford even a single ticket cuz as a teen with a provisionals, one moving violation = back to driving school and restart my 18 month period :(

I know BMWs tend to lure the driver into complacency. 80 feels like 55, 100 feels like 75, and 55 is just crawling.......

wwb4 02-01-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

When I go faster than everyone I do admit it, at least on the 'Fest

Honesty....and admitting it is the first step. :p

BasicMarinWheels 02-01-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

In CA I believe its [reckless] when you are 25MPH over the limit...

In California, there's no magic number of miles per hour over the limit that turns it into reckless driving. There would have to be proof that you acted in "willfull or wanton disregard" for the safety of others, knowing that it was likely that someone or something would be hurt. Speed alone is never enough, although it is a factor.

Still, it's no fun (and very expensive) getting a lot of tickets. You should lay low for a while, at least until you can get rid of your other pending ticket! And, you should consider hiring a lawyer who specializes in tickets to try to take care of these.

akhbhaat 02-01-2006 10:22 PM

You're in California. There are more BMWs than cockroaches there. And here, for that matter.

Aija 02-01-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

In CA I believe its when you are 25MPH over the limit... and its not me when I'm going with the flow.. When I go faster than everyone I do admit it, at least on the 'Fest

Actually in California at Dublin city i was going 110MPH/65MPH zone since there was no car in site except one(was 3:30AM). I pass up this one car and it turned out to be a undercover cop. Cop wrote me up for 99MPH, went to court, got my fees reduced from 245 dollars to 170 and had the chance to clear my SPEEDING ticket in traffic school.

In conclusion, in california i know reckless driving is 100+ MPH (and if your lucky, a officer will cite u for 99 :thumbup: ) and 30MPH over posted speed limit under 50MPH "can" be taken into consideration for reckless driving.

and sorrie to hear about your 62MPH ticket on a 45MPH. I know in San Jose, Capital Expressway flow of traffic is always 65MPH on a 45.

Blazinrebel420 02-02-2006 08:50 AM

I got Pulled over 4 times since I got my Bimmer little over 3 weeks ago. Of the 4 times, I got one speeding ticket and talked my way out of a illegal U-turn ticket. The 2 other times were in Hollywood around 4 in the morning and the pigs just pulled me over cause I was Asian but couldn't give me a ticket cause I did nothing wrong. Even took the breathalizer test.

movingpictures 02-02-2006 09:04 AM

Quote:

WTF... every other car on the road was going my speed.. I was not even in the fast lane... Is it just because I'm in a BMW !!!! :mad: :mad:

I don't know if this is true or where I got this from....but I heard somewhere that if you tell the officer that you were just trying to keep up with the flow of traffic they will not cite you...maybe total BS:dunno:

daoushy 02-02-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movingpictures
I don't know if this is true or where I got this from....but I heard somewhere that if you tell the officer that you were just trying to keep up with the flow of traffic they will not cite you...maybe total BS:dunno:

I try that every time.. doesn't work

dtkw 02-02-2006 09:23 AM

Guess you are just one unlucky fish in the pool with sharks.

ObD 02-02-2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Is it just because I'm in a BMW !!!!

Nope, previous speeding and accident history. It's called profiling.

Cliff 02-02-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Luck is not a factor when you're pulled over 3 times in less than 3 months. You either need to be more vigilant, or more careful.

TVV 330i 02-02-2006 10:05 AM

Another speeding tickt.. Is it the BMW ?? IT's YOU!

Grandpa here (not really, but I am sure I'll be flamed). Take some responsiblity, it is you. I love driving my car fast and it begs to be driven fast. However, you utimately are the one pressing the gas pedal. I got nailed twice in six months which made me think about my driving... not my car.