Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   European Delivery (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Question on Invoice Price Calculations (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134096)

USCWLA 02-23-2006 11:58 PM

Question on Invoice Price Calculations

So I am at the point where I am ready to start e-mailing dealerships to find the best deal for an ED 330. I have determined nearly all the options I want and am trying to determine what a fair price would be for the car.

The major point of discussion always seems to be the price over invoice and what a fair price is over invoice. My question is this: is the invoice price of a particular car determined by adding up the base invoice price with the invoice price of various options? Or, is the total invoice price a combination of base price invoice and the sticker price of various options?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the subject.

MarcusSDCA 02-24-2006 12:05 AM

Invoice on everything, wholesale base plus wholesale options plus $695 destination. Don't forget the $$ for metallic paint if you get it. ($430 base).

Here's the price sheet from the "Ask a Dealer" section: (wholesale prices on page 2...see Munich Pick-Up)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...2&d=1122480781

mdsbuc 02-24-2006 04:19 AM

Also, when we were buying ours, I wrote in my email that folks were getting cars for X to 2X over invoice. I asked for a deal of 1.5X over and got it with ease from a dealer within 25-30 miles from my house. The dealer also valets a loaner to the house for any service if I want it. Great deal! Good luck with your quest! :thumbup:

Ågent99 02-24-2006 08:46 AM

In your emailing, make sure to ask the dealer to include MACO (advertising fee) in his quote. Some dealers include it and other (sneaky) dealer's do not but then "surprise" you with it later--now you know why they quoted you ~$300-400 cheaper than another dealer who included it in his quote to you.

Make no bones about it, MACO is included on the invoice sheet of all BMWs sold in the United States.

There is an excellent thread on this in the Ask a Dealer forum...spent some time browsing over there and you'll learn a lot.

MB330 02-24-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ågent99
In your emailing, make sure to ask the dealer to include MACO (advertising fee) in his quote. Some dealers include it and other (sneaky) dealer's do not but then "surprise" you with it later--now you know why they quoted you ~$300-400 cheaper than another dealer who included it in his quote to you.

Make no bones about it, MACO is included on the invoice sheet of all BMWs sold in the United States.

There is an excellent thread on this in the Ask a Dealer forum...spent some time browsing over there and you'll learn a lot.

The are no MACO on ED cars :tsk:

Tanning machine 02-24-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCWLA
So I am at the point where I am ready to start e-mailing dealerships to find the best deal for an ED 330. I have determined nearly all the options I want and am trying to determine what a fair price would be for the car.

The major point of discussion always seems to be the price over invoice and what a fair price is over invoice. My question is this: is the invoice price of a particular car determined by adding up the base invoice price with the invoice price of various options? Or, is the total invoice price a combination of base price invoice and the sticker price of various options?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the subject.

And one further clarification: there is no ED discount on options. It's the same invoice price for options under either delivery approach. Only the base price is discounted.

mdsbuc 02-24-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanning machine
And one further clarification: there is no ED discount on options. It's the same invoice price for options under either delivery approach. Only the base price is discounted.

:dunno:

*******>********>
MODEL/FEATURE

U.S. Deliv MSRP

ED MSRP

ED INVOICE

DELETE
ADD

DELETE
ADD

DELETE
ADD
BMW
530i

SPORT PKG

PREMIUM PKG

NAVIGATION

PREMIUM SOUND

ACTIVE STEERING

COMFORT ACESS

COLD PACKAGE

DAKOTA LEATHER

FOLD DOWN R SEAT

STEPTRONIC TRANS

REAR SUNSHADE

HEAD UP DISPLAY

REAR SIDE AIRBAGS

This is a price chart I had worked up when I did my ED. The invoice price for options is definitely lower than the US MSRP or the ED MSRP.

MarcusSDCA 02-24-2006 02:29 PM

I think Tanning meant that you don't get the options at a lower wholesale for ED vs stateside delivery.

mdsbuc 02-24-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARCUS330i
I think Tanning meant that you don't get the options at a lower wholesale for ED vs stateside delivery.

Yep, ok, I get it. He did say lower "invoice" price didn't he. :ouch:

Tanning machine 02-24-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARCUS330i

Yes. For options, US MSRP=ED MSRP and US Inv.=ED Inv.

Of course US MSRP and ED MSRP > than US Inv.

theiggle 02-24-2006 06:12 PM

This isn't difficult. Just take the ED base (wholesale) price and add to that the ED (wholesale) price of the options you want including the $430 for mettalic paint and don't forget the destination charge. The total is ED invoice. Figure a number like 1K over ED invoice for a fair deal with the dealer. Sales tax and tags will be extra. Of course, don't forget to factor in a cost for for getting to Munich and picking up your car. Probably another grand for so or a quick in and out trip. Vacationing costs more, but you may as well take the opportunity to see a little bit of Europe, since you are going anyway, if you haven't been there before. Me, I have been numerous times, so I am going to make my trip a quick one. Will probably take an extra day or so for business purposes, but won't be using my ED vehicle while I am there.

Don't know where you live, but if you are anywhere near DC area call Joern (pronounced yearn) Esser at Passport BMW and save yourself a lot of hassle. Very straightforward and easy guy to do business with. I am in NJ and would not work with anyone else.

Good Luck.

Ågent99 02-24-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivki89
The are no MACO on ED cars :tsk:

My bad! :( I guess I didn't read far enough before posting...I have been edumacated! :D

No MACO, no training fees, etc.