Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E39 (1997 - 2003) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   BMW ALPINA B10 3.2 V6 and the Alpina register (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134377)

alpinaB10UK 02-26-2006 12:43 AM

BMW ALPINA B10 3.2 V6 and the Alpina register
 
The Alpina register

I thought you guys maybe interested in this site.

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/

My car is on their as it was number 191 of 195 made. One of only 59 right drive mdoels made. Really rare and as I understand there are no Aplinas in the US (or they werent sold there)

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD...a?id=271448391

Heres a picture of my Alpina. Its a B10 3.2 V6 manual - 295 BHP - with 200MPH on the speedo and its not limited to 155MPH!!!

hecklerz 02-26-2006 01:07 AM

Beautiful!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Clarke 02-26-2006 02:03 AM

As a V6 it's really rare. ;) Congratulations on a beautiful car!:thumbup:

e39dream 02-26-2006 11:23 AM

I was just reading about a bi turbo e34 alpina, there was an interested buyer in the states but the car cannot be "US approved" for whatever reason. I like the Alpina wheels.

wwb4 02-26-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinaB10UK
The Alpina register

I thought you guys maybe interested in this site.

http://www.thealpinaregister.com/

My car is on their as it was number 191 of 195 made. One of only 59 right drive mdoels made. Really rare and as I understand there are no Aplinas in the US (or they werent sold there)

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD...a?id=271448391

Heres a picture of my Alpina. Its a B10 3.2 V6 manual - 295 BHP - with 200MPH on the speedo and its not limited to 155MPH!!!

Really nice car.....especially love the color....:thumbup: Also, great link and website. Thanks.

hawk2100n 02-26-2006 12:13 PM

Nice car, but just so you know, it is an Inline 6, not a V6

alpinaB10UK 02-26-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawk2100n
Nice car, but just so you know, it is an Inline 6, not a V6

In the UK, we call any engine with 6 cylinders a V6 and eight cylinders V8 but we dont call engines with 4 cylinders V4!!

Just to confuse you!! Yep, We actually call the V6 cylinder engine straight 6 rather than inline

Mister Chow 02-26-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinaB10UK
In the UK, we call any engine with 6 cylinders a V6 and eight cylinders V8 but we dont call engines with 4 cylinders V4!!

Just to confuse you!! Yep, We actually call the V6 cylinder engine straight 6 rather than inline

What do you call VW's W12?:confused:

BTW are you selling your car or did you just buy it?

no8080 02-27-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinaB10UK
In the UK, we call any engine with 6 cylinders a V6 and eight cylinders V8 but we dont call engines with 4 cylinders V4!!

Just to confuse you!! Yep, We actually call the V6 cylinder engine straight 6 rather than inline

No we don't, I don't know why you call all 6 cylinder engines V6s. Nobody in the UK I know calls them like that. A V6 is different than an I6.

A V engine is a V, ie V8, two banks of cylinders running besides each other, an inline engine we call a straight, ie straight 6, cylinders one after the other in one bank. We don't refer to 4 cylinder models as anything; this is the most common engine in the UK. We just say 2 litre engine or 1.6 litre engine.

The W12 engine from VW or Audi does not show up in the UK very often, if at all. Most people in the UK do not know of a W engine. I have only heard people refer to it as a W engine.

We refer to rotary engines as rotary, some call them wankles.

We don't get any other engine types showing up very often in the UK, except maybe military vehicles.

Funny thing is, most British people have never seen a V engine in their life!! We only really have inline 4, almost all cars in the UK are front wheel drive as well. A V8 is a very very rare engine in the UK, also anything above 2.5 litre is rare, except a few diesels and sports cars.

Sweet car by the way, I love the B10. Fantastic car to drive.

wwb4 02-27-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no8080
No we don't, I don't know why you call all 6 cylinder engines V6s. Nobody in the UK I know calls them like that. A V6 is different than an I6.

A V engine is a V, ie V8, two banks of cylinders running besides each other, an inline engine we call a straight, ie straight 6, cylinders one after the other in one bank. We don't refer to 4 cylinder models as anything; this is the most common engine in the UK. We just say 2 litre engine or 1.6 litre engine.

The W12 engine from VW or Audi does not show up in the UK very often, if at all. Most people in the UK do not know of a W engine. I have only heard people refer to it as a W engine.

We refer to rotary engines as rotary, some call them wankles.

We don't get any other engine types showing up very often in the UK, except maybe military vehicles.

Funny thing is, most British people have never seen a V engine in their life!! We only really have inline 4, almost all cars in the UK are front wheel drive as well. A V8 is a very very rare engine in the UK, also anything above 2.5 litre is rare, except a few diesels and sports cars.

Sweet car by the way, I love the B10. Fantastic car to drive.

UK jargon does take some getting used to. I remember when I lived in Cambridge from '81-'87 it was almost like another language.

B10ALP 08-15-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwb4
UK jargon does take some getting used to. I remember when I lived in Cambridge from '81-'87 it was almost like another language.

By the way it is not UK "jargon" it is proper English.::mad:

As the saying goes "Two countries divided by a common language":thumbup:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms