Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E60 M5 (2006 - 2010) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   E61 M5 pics I hadn't seen before (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160292)

uter 08-11-2006 06:36 PM

E61 M5 pics I hadn't seen before
 
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=125259

Posted over on the m3forum.com

Pretty interesting.

uter 08-12-2006 12:39 AM

http://www.autovisie.nl/_internal/ci...dx9q3wtztc3npq
http://www.autovisie.nl/_internal/ci...dx9q3wtztc3oas

uter 08-12-2006 12:40 AM

http://www.autovisie.nl/_internal/ci...dx9q3wtztc3nwk

uter 09-12-2006 09:19 PM

Wagon lovers, no thoughts on these pics?

Alex.M 09-12-2006 09:26 PM

Both cars are P.I.M.P. :)

760Lifan 09-13-2006 06:11 PM

What I noticed about the E61:

They put 7-series wheels on the rear and the standard E60 M5 wheels on the front...what did they want to test by doing that??:dunno:

DotBalm 09-13-2006 06:47 PM

Looks like an E61 M Sport rather than M5, w/mismatched wheels as prev mentioned, and detaching molding/lower body panels, and the blacked out badge in back.

E61 M Sport thread on E60 board fwiw.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165163

BmW745On19's 09-13-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760Lifan (Post 1915011)
What I noticed about the E61:

They put 7-series wheels on the rear and the standard E60 M5 wheels on the front...what did they want to test by doing that??:dunno:

So it wasnt so obvious that it's an M5 wagon.

sc 540i 09-13-2006 07:05 PM

The rear end find of looks like a saab not that that's a bad thing. The front end looks amazing IMO.

760Lifan 09-13-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmW745On19's (Post 1915080)
So it wasnt so obvious that it's an M5 wagon.

Probably - but if somebody has the knowledge how M5 wheels look, do they honestly believe they could confuse this person?? Well, by using two different sets of wheels, they caught my attention... Like de-badging: If somebody knows the meaning of a badge, he is most likely to know the car the badge was on...

760Lifan 09-13-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DotBalm (Post 1915073)
Looks like an E61 M Sport rather than M5, w/mismatched wheels as prev mentioned, and detaching molding/lower body panels, and the blacked out badge in back.

E61 M Sport thread on E60 board fwiw.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165163

You're probably right - the car on the pics i.e. doesn't have the typical M-mirrors or the side air-outlets. Good job..:thumbup: They almost fooled me on that one..:( :(

AW328i 09-14-2006 06:59 AM

M5 wagon, for when you absolutely have to get to home depot for a sale!

uter 09-14-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760Lifan (Post 1915147)
You're probably right - the car on the pics i.e. doesn't have the typical M-mirrors or the side air-outlets. Good job..:thumbup: They almost fooled me on that one..:( :(

How does the quad exhaust get explained?

760Lifan 09-14-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uter (Post 1916550)
How does the quad exhaust get explained?


I was wondering about that as well.:dunno: Maybe that's just a little extra they added. I also noticed this tape on the rear-spoiler. I guess they were trying to hide the fact that something's not matching the way they set it up. It's for sure that the E61 M5 is going to have chromed exhausts as well, so that can't be be the final solution.

But I guess we won't know for sure. THIS particular car on the picture was neither an E61 M5 nor an E61 M sport...:eek: :eek:

BmW745On19's 09-14-2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760Lifan (Post 1916614)
I was wondering about that as well.:dunno: Maybe that's just a little extra they added. I also noticed this tape on the rear-spoiler. I guess they were trying to hide the fact that something's not matching the way they set it up. It's for sure that the E61 M5 is going to have chromed exhausts as well, so that can't be be the final solution.

But I guess we won't know for sure. THIS particular car on the picture was neither an E61 M5 nor an E61 M sport...:eek: :eek:

That is indeed an E61 M5, the front spoiler isn't pasted on looking and there aren't fog lamps like on the E61 M Sport and the wheels are different slightly (the M5 wheels are deeper in the middle and wider for the fronts, rears are the same as 7er rears). Note also that the M3 exhaust isn't chromed either, they usually add those touches only on the production models, not the prototypes.

For comparison purposes, this is the M Sport front bumper-
http://je6lve.tom-system.com/image/car/bmw_2.jpg

M5 Front Spoiler (note no line where the plastic was taped on and no fog lamps, just air ducts)-
http://www.bmwpower.cz/magazin/001-M...20M5%20-05.JPG

760Lifan 09-14-2006 10:19 PM

From the front, it really looks like mine. So I guess they assembled an E61 M5 but didn't go into detail (mirrors, side air-vents etc.) to confuse us a little bit. Too bad we can't have a look under the hood..

I havent seen any M sport pictures before (the first link only showed a sideview), so I didn't know the difference to the M5 was so obvious...

I also believe (as you pointed out), the M3 is going to look a bit different as well (air-outlets etc.)..

BmW745On19's 09-15-2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 760Lifan (Post 1917014)
From the front, it really looks like mine. So I guess they assembled an E61 M5 but didn't go into detail (mirrors, side air-vents etc.) to confuse us a little bit. Too bad we can't have a look under the hood..

I havent seen any M sport pictures before (the first link only showed a sideview), so I didn't know the difference to the M5 was so obvious...

I also believe (as you pointed out), the M3 is going to look a bit different as well (air-outlets etc.)..

I think there are side gills on the wagon but they're covered up like on the M3 next to it.:dunno:

760Lifan 09-15-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmW745On19's (Post 1918217)
I think there are side gills on the wagon but they're covered up like on the M3 next to it.:dunno:

Very hard to tell based on the pics...but it's obvious there is some kind of cover on the front side of the M3 (looks somewhat lighter than the rest)...:p

DotBalm 09-20-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uter (Post 1916550)
How does the quad exhaust get explained?

I totally missed the pipes on that tourer. :dunno: Nothing like another set of eyes.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms