Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Anybody see the fight at B-fest? (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204413)

mark_m5 05-06-2007 11:55 AM

Anybody see the fight at B-fest?

Out in the circular drive by the horse statue, around 2pm? I saw lots of people snapping pics, but I didn't get one.

Malibubimmer 05-06-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_m5 (Post 2357859)
Out in the circular drive by the horse statue, around 2pm? I saw lots of people snapping pics, but I didn't get one.

Did De La Hoya win that one?

hockeynut 05-06-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibubimmer (Post 2357924)
Did De La Hoya win that one?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mark_m5 05-06-2007 05:43 PM

Unfortunately, it wasn't pay-per-view. It was live, along with gesturing, yelling insults, etc.

Inv3ctiv3 05-06-2007 06:03 PM

Why did it happen? Somone making fun of someones car?

Ronnaferd 05-06-2007 06:12 PM

heard someone talk about it...pics or ban! :)

Jon Shafer 05-06-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnaferd (Post 2358500)
heard someone talk about it...pics or ban! :)

Please don't ban me!

;)

Good thing I didn't see this when it happened...

:eeps:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...8/DSC_0030.jpg

razzy530 05-06-2007 06:17 PM

well, i see two Benzes in the picture. Maybe it was over MB vs BMW :tsk:

Pettit 05-06-2007 06:18 PM

weak, i wanna know why it happened

people gettin to proud

DaKine 05-06-2007 06:21 PM

I will refrain from any comments, because I would probably be labeled as "ignorant" by our resident angels.

I'll just say there is one group of people who consistently cause problems at bimmerfest, and ruin it for the majority.

Jon Shafer 05-06-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKine (Post 2358524)
I will refrain from any comments, because I would probably be labeled as "ignorant" by our resident angels.

I'll just say there is one group of people who consistently cause problems at bimmerfest, and ruin it for the majority.

J: I'd love for you to voice your opinion. This was the very first such altercation that I've ever heard about at the event. Your insights just might help preclude a recurrence...

Another one I found...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...8/DSC_0033.jpg

DaKine 05-06-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon (Post 2358525)
Another one I found...

What punks, I wish someone would have kicked both of their asses... and then kicked them out.

tommydogsdad 05-06-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKine (Post 2358528)
What punks, I wish someone would have kicked both of their asses... and then kicked them out.

+2

DaKine 05-06-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon (Post 2358525)
J: I'd love for you to voice your opinion. This was the very first such altercation that I've ever heard about at the event. Your insights just might help preclude a recurrence...

Nah, theres probably nothing you can do about it, people are people, and luckily the fight wasn't serious enough to cause injury (which tends to cause lawsuits, which could make it difficult for you to have use to the fairgrounds)

People are people, I guess. I just remember last year, in the caravan, all the guido look-alikes with the huge black spiked hair, wife beaters, gold chains and plucked eyebrows drove like a bunch of idiots, did burnouts as much as possible, and were a general liability. This is from BF.c (not posted by me)

Quote:

ugly:
little fukng middle eastern kids driving like douches,by causing traffic to slow and almost killing themselves and hurting others. and if that wasnt enough, pulling over on the FREEWAY to take pics of and meet up with people, are u kids fukng stupid? its a freeway, not a residential street.....
I don't know if the kids were really Middle Eastern or not, and it probably doesn't even matter, but I know EXACTLY what he is talking about . I didn't go this year, but last year I remember seeing guys like this acting like idiots. The problem is, with a group of thousands, you're bound to have the bad apples. I think they are in the minority, though.

Cops are a two way street. In one case, it's good to have them to weed people like this out while they are on the freeway, long before they get to bimmerfest, and on the other hand, it's a drag getting pulled over for no front plates.

Just enforce this rule:

NO Wifebeaters
NO Gaudy Gold chains
NO Excessive spray on tans

Once the wannabe thugs see that, they'll never want to go again :rofl:

Paul Christian 05-06-2007 06:36 PM

why can we not just get along with each other......who cares where they are from this **** is not need at all...........

DaKine 05-06-2007 06:37 PM

Honestly Jon, I wouldn't sweat it at all. Nip the problems in the ass if they happen, and otherwise, the event is good.

If this were a Chevy Impala meet, I would say to hire military/security to patrol the area, but I think that one fight is nothing to worry about.

The caravan may be a mess, but that isn't your problem to deal with at all :)

DaKine 05-06-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Christian (Post 2358552)
why can we not just get along with each other......who cares where they are from this **** is not need at all...........

I never said I cared where they were from. I just know from last year that the 18 year old thug-wannabes were a pain in the ass, and if there was anything that got the caravan shut down, it would be them.

Paul Christian 05-06-2007 06:46 PM

^^I know you do not care,I was just saying that kind of thing is not good at all....cheers...fights are not a color thing.....I think you know where I coming from right???

Alvizzo913 05-06-2007 07:25 PM

I saw this on BF.C and I couldn't believe it. This is exactly the type of sh*t that nobody wants to see. Everyone's there to have a good time, shoot the sh*t with other enthusiasts. When punks come up looking to start fights it takes away from the whole atmosphere. People shouldn't have to worry about this going on at such an awesome event.

Edit: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=743079

DaKine 05-06-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Christian (Post 2358585)
^^I know you do not care,I was just saying that kind of thing is not good at all....cheers...fights are not a color thing.....I think you know where I coming from right???

Nope, it's not a color thing at all. Like I said, ban wifebeaters and gold chains, and the event would be cleaned up, haha.

But again, Jon, one fight between two people is nothing to get stressed over. For how many people show up, it's impressive that there aren't more problems. You can't exclude people from the event, and hiring a bunch of security guards would probably ruin the vibe. The most you can really do is handle fights with the iron fist and make an example out of people who cause trouble. That will likely discourage it from happening in the future.

BillP 05-06-2007 07:56 PM

I was there all day and saw absolutely nothing bad. Even the few burnouts leaving the parking lot at the end of the day weren't too much more than what I would have done were I a few years younger.

Let's not make too much out of this.

Bill

Brad323i 05-06-2007 07:56 PM

Did the "security" earn their check for the day? I was long gone before that, I got bored!

DaKine 05-06-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillP (Post 2358741)
I was there all day and saw absolutely nothing bad. Even the few burnouts leaving the parking lot at the end of the day weren't too much more than what I would have done were I a few years younger.

Let's not make too much out of this.

Bill

I'm not one to really care about crap like this, especialy since Jon is in no way officialy connected to the caravan. But, if a major accident did happen, and it was people on their way to Bimmerfest, lawyers are going to work their way up the food chain and would probably try to involve Jon.

I'm not saying it would happen, but it would really suck for everyone who puts so much time into this for it to be ruined by a 16 year old trying to impress everyone by doing 150 on a crowded freeway.

MG67 05-06-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKine (Post 2358954)
I'm not one to really care about crap like this, especialy since Jon is in no way officialy connected to the caravan. But, if a major accident did happen, and it was people on their way to Bimmerfest, lawyers are going to work their way up the food chain and would probably try to involve Jon.

I'm not saying it would happen, but it would really suck for everyone who puts so much time into this for it to be ruined by a 16 year old trying to impress everyone by doing 150 on a crowded freeway.

:stupid: :thumbup:

r3v1ls 05-06-2007 10:01 PM

Damn I can't believe I missed it! Would've made for some awesome video footage :rofl: