Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Bimmerfest - BMW Forums (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/index.php)
-   E39 (1997 - 2003) (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   SF Bay area dealer recommendation (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206276)

Brian530i 05-15-2007 05:55 PM

SF Bay area dealer recommendation

I need to get my car in before the end of the month (cpo ends) and figure I'd have a dealership do an oil change and inspection.

Any dealer contacts/recommendations?

xxpanipuri 05-15-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian530i (Post 2379699)
I need to get my car in before the end of the month (cpo ends) and figure I'd have a dealership do an oil change and inspection.

Any dealer contacts/recommendations?

eric diamond at stevens creek in san jose. good guy..knows his **** and will take care of you

no issues on my end...other than the dent they put in my car last time it was there

BUT they took care of it without any drama .... apart from that i'd still go back...

jmt053 05-16-2007 01:37 PM

I have had my car serviced at Steven's Creek BMW as well. My advisor is Angie. She has really been a big help getting things done under warranty.

330blast 05-16-2007 04:05 PM

Stevens Creek BMW is my regular go-to dealer for over 3 years with 2 different cars. The service has been fairly good, especially for cars still under warranty. I won't say they are alwasys the best, but at least with reasonable effort for good customer service. Since I don't have too high expectation after reading all bad stories about BMW dealers' service, they have been my choice so far. Work quality is fairly high.

The only two issues are:
1. It's hard to get hold of any service advisors on the phone. If you leave a voicemail, usually get a call back on the same day.
2. Their price is on the high side comparing to other dealers. So if you have to pay out of your own pocket, call around first.

I would recommend them.

Fulltone74 05-16-2007 07:10 PM

Eric Diamond at Stevens Creek is really good.

That other gal Angie also seems nice. One day Eric was out on vacation and I had to work with Angie. She seems very pleasant.

It so happened on the day I was bringing my car for the Dinan suspension, Eric was terribly sick with the flu. But he came in just to make sure I was sorted out with the suspension, my requested alignment settings, etc... he came in just for me and then went back home.

Brian530i 05-16-2007 07:36 PM

thanks, I left a message for Eric

earlier today on my way home from work,
I called Peter Pan and I just asked for just an oil change and inspection per the CPO, I would pay for the labor time per overall inspection- im sure they have this set up in their used car dept for traded cars so why can't I do the same thing?? anyway,
The advisor (dont recall his name.. was spanish) said he had no such service available. They only offer the inspection 1 or 2... I got tired of the.. game and said good bye.

xxpanipuri 05-16-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian530i (Post 2382812)
thanks, I left a message for Eric

earlier today on my way home from work,
I called Peter Pan and I just asked for just an oil change and inspection per the CPO, I would pay for the labor time per overall inspection- im sure they have this set up in their used car dept for traded cars so why can't I do the same thing?? anyway,
The advisor (dont recall his name.. was spanish) said he had no such service available. They only offer the inspection 1 or 2... I got tired of the.. game and said good bye.

MAKE SURE to always do a walk around with your service advisor when dropping the car off for service...

i learned this the hard way...

Brian530i 05-17-2007 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxpanipuri (Post 2383098)
MAKE SURE to always do a walk around with your service advisor when dropping the car off for service...

i learned this the hard way...

after leaving Stevens Creek ?

xxpanipuri 05-17-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian530i (Post 2383481)
after leaving Stevens Creek ?

yea

last time i dropped my car...off...for service...i picked it up with a big dent on the back door....

they stepped up to thep late and took care of it so now i'm going to make sure i do a walk around with the SA

and this could have happened at my indy shop as well...it was an accident...i was pissed...BUT eric diamond who had come in that day on his day off stayed until i was able to get out there...and told me don't worry we'll make it right....

Brian530i 05-24-2007 11:38 PM

:thumbup: Thanks for the recommendation and I now highly recommend Eric

got me in/out quickly and no bs :D